Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Heater Unit

Simon92922

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find as much info to do with the heater blower unit which sits behind the dash, however, when I search on Google I cant find much at all. My car is a 2005 Ford focus zetec with air con, basically the plastics are cracked which the matrix sits in and when the engine temp gets hot the sides of my dash in the foot well gets really warm.

When you put your hand up there you can feel warm air leaking out from where it is cracked.

Can anyone help me in identifying exactly what the part is called so I can easily explain to a breakers yard or search on Google for it?

Will post pics in a second of what I have found on Google so far

These are basically what I'm after and having troubles locating anything on Google. If I search for heater blower unit on eBay I get some results but mainly from the mk3

Screenshot_20190327-010438_Facebook.jpg

s-l400.jpg

i would imagine that is a very major amount of work to replace it. can you get to where the crack is?, if it was mine and i felt the need to do something about it i reckon i would be trying to cover the crack with good quality gaffer tape or putting some kind of sealant or no more nails type stuff on it. 

Breakers don't often remove them as it requires the entire dash to be removed first, not worth their labour time.

I used to call it a HVAC box (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) or heater box or air con box when I was selling parts on ebay…  

Are you sure its cracked though?  They're not air tight as standard and a warm dash and footwell is a common complaint on the Mk2.

• Like 1

I'm guessing the crack is all along where the red line is, I can feel warm air seeping out along there but cant get my hand in to fix. To get to it I have to remove the whole dashboard as I cannot physically guarantee where it is leaking air from, I may as well replace the whole unit while I'm doing it if I have got that far.

Also the pipes inside my engine bay have been modified as they were originally bypassing the interior for some reason (I'm guessing due to leaks which they attempted to repair?)

Screenshot_20190414-135720_Gallery.jpg

Has anyone got a guide on how to remove the dashboard from a mk2 2005 Ford focus? I have searched and cant find one

Be ready for at least 5/6 hours! To get the dashboard out , and put everything back!

Also be aware that both the coolant system and the airconditioning system needs to be drained to be able to change the HVAC housing unit.

• Like 1