Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Deisel to Buy? Advice Please.

Pabby1980

Hi,
I'm looking for a fiesta diesel, 2016 (so no tax) 5 door and preferably a titanium. It's going to be a workhorse likely doing upwards of 20,000 miles a year.

What I can't work out is the best one to buy. I assume its the 90+hp version, but one question is why I can't just remap the 70+hp version as it looks like it's the same engine? Can the turbo on the 70hp versions handle a remap? I ask because they are a bit cheaper.

I can't have a car that can only do 0-60 in 14 seconds, that's just too slow. Even the 11 seconds in the 90hp version is a bit too slow but just about bearable.

Bottom line is, what's the best car for my pound? Are there any "must have" options to look for, and do you think £10k is a sensible budget? Anyone with one of these - does it feel like it'll last the test of time and be able to do a lot of miles?

Any and all advice welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Paul.

I wouldn't bother with a diesel personally. I used to have the 2009 95ps 1.6, moved over to the 1.0 125 ecoboost.  Much faster. These days I'm doing around 15k+ miles a year, no problems. 

With my 90hp 1.6 TDCI engine in my mk6 fiesta I'd say the power is decent. I've seen a remap company which can add an extra 30hp to that with stock internals and that's more than the 110hp version. 

ecoboost power and torque might look as good/better on paper and it might drive very nicely (I have not driven an ecoboost) but I bet it uses a lot more fuel than the diesel.

I had a 2007 1.6tdci fiesta and I thought it drove very well with regard to power.  I now have 2015 1.5tdci 95bhp econetic. On paper it should be as good if not better but it does not feel it. It's not bad, it just does not feel as good.  It does have higher gearing.   My old one was 3000rpm = 80mph, my current one 3000rpm=100mph   (both have 5 speed box).  I think it has higher gearing as it is the Econetic.

Must have options is really personal choice, what's important to you? most important to me is Quickclear windscreen. Standard on Zetec upwards. Not standard on my Style spec but luckily the first owner paid the hundred quid extra for it.   I would not have bought one without the quickclear windscreen.

I bought mine in 2016 when it was 10 months old with 9500 miles on it from a main Ford dealer for £10,200.  So based on that , £10k might be plenty, but I had a look recently and it looked like they may have gone up a bit since then (at the time it was not a bargain, it was the normal price).   Perhaps the tax free status of those has increased demand a bit.

• Thanks 1

ps. i have no idea if there is any hardware difference between the 75bhp and 95bhp

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club