Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus bonnet lock issue

yunii

focus mk2.5 bonnet lock issue. most probably mentioned before but just can't find it.

I had Aircon condensor replaced for a new one  at a garage , realised bonnet lock won't  release  the bonnet , it sounds as cable is not attached .

either  they didn't refit cable to lock or snapped it .cant tell without  opening bonnet.  just in case if bonnet lock bit is broken need to the correct modified version of bonnet lock kit .

so if anyone  has any links please paste it .

yunii

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You can buy the genuine kit here - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-MK2-2005-2011-CC-Bonnet-Release-Lock-Repair-Kit-1343577/120994852712?epid=12002708552&hash=item1c2bdaef68:g:ixwAAOSwX61ZAf1i  Or use that part number in eBay to find aftermarket alternatives.

But I reckon it's just separated rather than broken, I had the same issue with an aftermarket grill, it was only millimetres out but kept pulling the lock apart.  So check your grill is fitted correctly with all fixings before spending out on a new barrel imo.  You can also buy a longer (but not tamper-proof) plastic cross to overcome the issue.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-FORD-FOCUS-BONNET-LOCK-REPAIR-UPGRADE-2004-2011-CLIP-CABLE-CATCH-PART-KIT/264130757951?hash=item3d7f6b853f:g:W~cAAOSwi7VcDD7X

You can buy the genuine kit here - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-MK2-2005-2011-CC-Bonnet-Release-Lock-Repair-Kit-1343577/120994852712?epid=12002708552&hash=item1c2bdaef68:g:ixwAAOSwX61ZAf1i  Or use that part number in ebay to find aftermarket alternatives.
But I reckon it's just separated rather than broken, I had the same issue with an aftermarket grill, it was only millimetres out but kept pulling the lock apart.  So check your grill is fitted correctly with all fixings before spending out on a new barrel imo.  You can also buy a longer (but not tamper-proof) plastic cross to overcome the issue.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-FORD-FOCUS-BONNET-LOCK-REPAIR-UPGRADE-2004-2011-CLIP-CABLE-CATCH-PART-KIT/264130757951?hash=item3d7f6b853f:g:W~cAAOSwi7VcDD7X

2 things ,
this link with genuine one is cheaper than whst local dealer quoted of £63
2. will the after market be as good as the genuine one ?
3 the long cross white bit worth doing or its ok with either genuine or copy parts ok ?
just not sure how good copy parts are .
I will want my original lock barrel fitted back.
yunii

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I doubt the aftermarket ones will be of the same quality but haven't fitted one myself.  You build the new lock barrel to suit your key, that's what all those little square plates are for.

The long cross is worth fitting if your grill isn't sitting perfect any more.  Basically the short cross is designed to disconnect if someone pulls the grill off to prevent them opening the bonnet.  Trouble is it only takes a tiny movement in the grill to stop the owner bring able to open it as well.  You might find that your cross has just disconnected rather than broken.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club