Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise control on my 2016 fiesta

charliemaddog@hotmail.co

I havce 1 lieter eco boost on a 2016 
My car dose not have cruise control,
Am i able to fit it?

Buddy, cruise control integrates with so many systems on a car, to retrofit it would be a nightmare, and very expensive. I would live without it, but if it's that important to you, put it on your shopping list on your next vehicle purchase...

Stephen is right, there are many sensors that go onto the modern cruise control. They are able to scan the car ahead to maintain a distance, its not just setting it to 70mph on the Motorway and off we go... you could potentially creep to the car infront and theres a car to your right and you cannot change lanes.. (thats how the earliest cruise control worked), but today? OH BOY they are much different. They'll keep to a set distance to the car in front if there is one. Top Gear showcased one once, you can have the granny distance where everyone invades your personal space, or you can get right up to the full Audi distance which is right up their *****. I had a hire car with one once. TBH with you yes I used it to check it out, but tbh with you??? Cruise control why do you need it? Are you that lazy sir...??

My old Merc has cruise control. I think I've used it twice on a long motorway drive. And even then, I just did not like the car driving 'itself' and took it off by pressing the brake pedal slightly LOL It's really not a chore keeping you foot on the gas at the level you want to go. I also had a Toyota Supra over 15 years ago that had CC, I never used it at all! 😀

it shouldnt be a nightmare. you need to replace the steering wheel and depending on wiring you might need a new dash loom. then its just reprograming the PCM and BCM adaptive cruse control is totally different and would be a big job..

its not something I would take lightly though, it was straight forward enough on the MK2 Focus but we had ELMConfig, Forscan now does programming so it might be easier now but I think it should be noted that if you do it wrong, you might end up with a huge paperweight and an even bigger bill to get it working. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dee_82 said:

it shouldnt be a nightmare. you need to replace the steering wheel and depending on wiring you might need a new dash loom. then its just reprograming the PCM and BCM adaptive cruse control is totally different and would be a big job..

its not something I would take lightly though, it was straight forward enough on the MK2 Focus but we had ELMConfig, Forscan now does programming so it might be easier now but I think it should be noted that if you do it wrong, you might end up with a huge paperweight and an even bigger bill to get it working. 

Well, if that doesn't scare him off, nothing will LOL

I use cruise control every single drive...  Would never buy another car without it!  

On a 2016 Fiesta it'll just be standard cruise control, not adaptive with radar.  All you need is the steering wheel buttons and a piece of wheel loom, though if you buy a Titanium wheel it'll come with that anyway.  The difficulty is getting it activated on a 2016 model...pretty sure you'll need something like UCDS which isn't cheap, there are people that will do it for you though, they seem to be on FB groups rather than forums.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StephenFord said:

It's really not a chore keeping your foot on the gas at the level you want to go

Most people, myself included, find it difficult to maintain an absolutely constant speed by throttle control plus it means concentrating heavily on the speedometer. In my area we currently have roadworks with several miles of 40mph dual carriageway with average speed cameras and I find CC a real boon as I can concentrate on the surrounding traffic. It's noticeable that the ones without CC are constantly speeding up and slowing down.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club