gingerblack

Best air filter for focus 1.0 ecoboost

Hi, I've just bought a 1.0 ecoboost 125 at the weekend and very impressed with the little engine! 🙂

What filters are you using? I might try a ramair rather than go with the usual k&n.

Any feedback appreciated

2 minutes ago, gingerblack said:

Hi, I've just bought a 1.0 ecoboost 125 at the weekend and very impressed with the little engine! 🙂

What filters are you using? I might try a ramair rather than go with the usual k&n.

Any feedback appreciated

I tend to stick with stock filters.

It’s a great little engine but... in this type of a car, you don’t get any performance gain and given the higher costs of these filters, in my opinion it just seems like a waste of money. 

I think an upgraded air filter would be a good idea as part of an array of modifications being done though. 

stage 1 done on the ecoboost 1.0 and stuck with a K&N panel filter, obtained awesome results! - doesn't need anymore than that.

K&N has the K&N E-2993 replacement filter and the K&N E-9289 replacement filter for the Focus MK3/MK3.5.

The K&N E-9289 replacement filter is the same filter that is included in the K&N 57S-4000 kit. Compared to the normal K&N E-2993 replacement filter this filter has a larger filtration surface (a larger amount of lamellas creates a larger filtration surface). Another advantage of this filter is the removable end cap. The filter can both be used with or without the end cap. Removal of the end cap transforms the air filter into a semi open air filterI

The price of the K&N E-2993 and the K&N E-9289 is about the same so personally I would always choose for the K&N E-9289 replacement filter. 

In my opinion the 1.0 ECOboost really benefits from an air filter upgrade.

I have the K&N E-9289 air filter in combination with the MK3.5 RS air filter housing on my 2013  125 HP 1.0 ECOboost. In my opinion this is a really nice combination. it also is cheaper than the K&N 57S-4000 kit. Combined with high octane fuel (I always use 98 or higher octane fuel) my car outputs over 140 HP.

Apart from being a performance upgrade the cleanable K&N air filter is also cheaper on the long term than the stock paper air filter that needs to be replaced every year. I paid €70,- for a brand new K&N E-9289 air filter including the cleaning.maintenance kit a few Years ago. In my case after approximately 4 Years the K&N filter will be cheaper to run than the stock paper air filter.