Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 rear arm bushes

dtulip8

First post in this section! My Mum has a 2012 MK4 Tit X, which has been in for some work for a dodgy drivers window at the local Think Ford garage. Apparently whilst doing a health check they noticed the rear trailing arm bushes were heavily debonded. The car had an MOT 6 months ago and nothing was picked up. Could this have happened in only 6 months?

I am sure it could in six mouths depends on the condition at the mot 

• Like 1

Yes easily, once the start to go the delaminate very quickly, especially if the roads are a bit rough, best get them changed the handling deteriorats, it will be transformed with new bushes. If you are still worried take it to an independent and get a second opinion.

• Like 2

Yep, the bushes can go quite quickly. They looked fine on my car when I fitted the winter wheels in November 2017, after a month or so the car started to handle weirdly but I thought it was the new front tyres combined with the different brand rears. Anyway, checked the bushes again and they looked much worse than before. However, they passed the MOT in February 2018 and I didn't change them until May 2018...handling restored! 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 7:28 PM, Frembrit said:

Yep, the bushes can go quite quickly. They looked fine on my car when I fitted the winter wheels in November 2017, after a month or so the car started to handle weirdly but I thought it was the new front tyres combined with the different brand rears. Anyway, checked the bushes again and they looked much worse than before. However, they passed the MOT in February 2018 and I didn't change them until May 2018...handling restored! 🙂

Yup, my MK2 Focus saloon turned into a proper roly poly barge when cornering until I had them done, it also knackered my rear tires by causing inner wear.  New (quality) bushes and as mentioned above, handling restored and no knackered rear tyres.

• 2 weeks later...

these are a bush that wear on the mondeo and can be costly in labour to replace, powerflex do an uprated one that will last forever and is a design that is easier to fit to save on labour costs :) Powerflex Rear Trailing Arm Bushes - Mondeo

£138 😯

£45 for Lemforder bushes

£125 for a proper tool to change them

-£100 for selling a proper tool to change them

A couple of hours on axle stands and done for another 100,000 miles for half that price 👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club