Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Etis discussion

Eng_Ahmad1986

Hell to all

trying to understand these features about my fiesta through ford etis, however there are some features that needs clarification if anybody can help me with them:

cooling pack II

For hot climate zones

now is this related to engine cooling or AC ? and what could be the difference technically ?

Marketing level 1

(-) SVP

Less SIP

what does all of this mean ?!!

195/60 R 15 - V BSW Tyre

what does BSW mean ? !!

With 91 octane level gasoline

is it RON or AKI ?

that's very confusing , could somebody please help me with this ? 🙂 🙂

thank you very much for considering 🙂 🙂

SVP stands for Special Vehicle Program and SIP - Side Impact Protection

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nismex said:

Apparently BSW means black sidewall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire_code

I got it 🙂 thank you very much for this nice piece of information 🙂

4 hours ago, Fiesta1.25 said:

SVP stands for Special Vehicle Program and SIP - Side Impact Protection

thank you very much 🙂 but what is this special vehicle program that I don't have !! 🙂 🙂

what about the octane rating ? !! 🙂 and this cooling pack issue 🙂

SVP is special vehicle preparation - it is adaptions made for emergency services like police and paramedics etc.  

The 91 octane just refers to the lowest octane you can use in the car.  In the UK the lowest available is 95RON but I don't know if that's different in Egypt or not.

I'm not sure whether the cooling pack is for the engine or the AC, but it will either be a larger radiator, intercooler or condenser.  @iantt may know!

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

SVP is special vehicle preparation - it is adaptions made for emergency services like police and paramedics etc.  

The 91 octane just refers to the lowest octane you can use in the car.  In the UK the lowest available is 95RON but I don't know if that's different in Egypt or not.

I'm not sure whether the cooling pack is for the engine or the AC, but it will either be a larger radiator, intercooler or condenser.  @iantt may know!

here in Egypt we have RON 92 and RON 95 only , but I'm not sure this 91 mentioned do they mean RON or AKI !!!

Examples
Fuel RON        AKI or (R+M)/2
"Aral Super 95" in Germany, "Aral Super 95 E10" (10% Ethanol) in Germany 95            90
"Shell V-Power" in Indonesia, "Total Performance 95" in Indonesia, "Shell FuelSave " in Malaysia 95  
"EuroSuper" or "EuroPremium" or "Regular unleaded" in Europe, "SP95" in France, "Super 95" in Belgium 95            90–91

November 17, 2016

Global Octane Market Continues to Be Dominated by Regular Gasoline Grades

Stratas Advisors

This excerpt is from a report that is available to subscribers of Stratas Advisors’ Global Fuel Specifications service.

Current gasoline octane grades range widely from RON 80 to RON 100, or AKI 81 to 91, in the Americas. Several countries have two or more grades available on their markets while countries such as Ireland (RON 95), Italy (RON 95) and several African countries have only one gasoline grade. China has the highest number of gasoline grades in its market with seven grades that are available depending on the city or province, followed by Kazakhstan and Peru having five gasoline grades. In addition, countries such as Belarus, Egypt, Iraq, Kyrgyzstan, Paraguay, Philippines and Russia have as many as four gasoline grades available.

10 minutes ago, eddie eastwood said:
Examples
Fuel RON        AKI or (R+M)/2
"Aral Super 95" in Germany, "Aral Super 95 E10" (10% Ethanol) in Germany 95            90
"Shell V-Power" in Indonesia, "Total Performance 95" in Indonesia, "Shell FuelSave " in Malaysia 95  
"EuroSuper" or "EuroPremium" or "Regular unleaded" in Europe, "SP95" in France, "Super 95" in Belgium 95            90–91

November 17, 2016

Global Octane Market Continues to Be Dominated by Regular Gasoline Grades

Stratas Advisors

This excerpt is from a report that is available to subscribers of Stratas Advisors’ Global Fuel Specifications service.

Current gasoline octane grades range widely from RON 80 to RON 100, or AKI 81 to 91, in the Americas. Several countries have two or more grades available on their markets while countries such as Ireland (RON 95), Italy (RON 95) and several African countries have only one gasoline grade. China has the highest number of gasoline grades in its market with seven grades that are available depending on the city or province, followed by Kazakhstan and Peru having five gasoline grades. In addition, countries such as Belarus, Egypt, Iraq, Kyrgyzstan, Paraguay, Philippines and Russia have as many as four gasoline grades available.

thank you very much for this great clarification , yes in the past we had 80 , 90 , 92, and 95 RON , but currently we have only 80 RON in very limited number of stations found in countryside areas, 92 RON and 95 RON which are very common in almost every station, but for the 91 octane level gasoline mentioned on this ford etis website , do they mean 91 RON ? or 91 AKI which is 95 RON ? or they care to write the octane rating as country specific. thank you for this great help and considering

that's a screenshot from the website , this 91 octane rating mentioned as u see , do they mean RON or AKI ?

etis.jpg

Just use 95 or better (regardless of AKI or RON) and you'll be probably fine. The number refers to the worst type of fuel it was designed for, so if you use that or better there'll be no problem as long as you aren't dumping race fuel in a regular car. 

The number is most likely RON, not AKI. I've never seen anyone refer to octane as AKI here in the UK and I'm fairly sure it's the same in the US. With those being fords two primary markets, I highly doubt the number is AKI. 

If you check your fuel cap there might be a note of what you should use there. 

14 hours ago, jbell said:

Just use 95 or better (regardless of AKI or RON) and you'll be probably fine. The number refers to the worst type of fuel it was designed for, so if you use that or better there'll be no problem as long as you aren't dumping race fuel in a regular car. 

The number is most likely RON, not AKI. I've never seen anyone refer to octane as AKI here in the UK and I'm fairly sure it's the same in the US. With those being fords two primary markets, I highly doubt the number is AKI. 

If you check your fuel cap there might be a note of what you should use there. 

thank you for your reply , I guess I'll stick to the 95 RON which is the highest available here in Egypt , I'm using Total excellium 95 , we have also Mobil super plus 95 but I prefer Total 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club