Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Or 3 Dr Titanium - Help Please

Barky

Hi

I'd like some help and advice if possible please.

I have been given 2 options by my ford dealer for a new Fiesta under the scrappage deal but don't know which one to go for.

Option 1-

1.6 Tdci Zetec S with dress kit, bluetooth USB, Auto Headlamps/Wipers, in Sea Grey (this car is pre made with older 90PS Tdci Engine).

Option 2-

1.6 Tdci Titanium 3 Dr with dress kit, bluetooth USB, Leather, ESP, 16" 7 Spoke alloys (not the 17" i want), in Sea Grey (this car will be made to order withe the newer 96PS Tdci Engine).

Which would you all go for?

ps option 2 is £365 more expensive.

I love a bit of chrome, so option two! I love the Zetec S, but it lacks Cruise Control and things like that. The seats look great, as does the outside, but you can make your Titanium look like a ZS so I'd go the Titanium. New engine is supposed to have a noticeable increase of smoothness even though it's just a re-tune.

Option 2 anyday of the week. You'll regret not having the improved engine after a while and the Titanium is much better specced that the ZS. As for the alloys, I think the upgrade 16's look pretty good with the dress up kit, the original spokey 16's not so much. You could always buy the 17's at a later date, I don't think they're too expensive now and there's usually someone on here who wants to sell. :)

When did they change the diesel engine?

When did they change the diesel engine?

I think the diesel engine will be retuned (not changed) on any cars made later this month (increase from 90PS to 96PS)

Has anyone got any photos of a 3dr fiesta with dress kit and the 16" 7 spoke wheels?

Option 2 anyday of the week. You'll regret not having the improved engine after a while and the Titanium is much better specced that the ZS. As for the alloys, I think the upgrade 16's look pretty good with the dress up kit, the original spokey 16's not so much. You could always buy the 17's at a later date, I don't think they're too expensive now and there's usually someone on here who wants to sell. :)

Owning a 3-door Titanium in squeeze with full dress up kit AND the 7-spoke 16" alloys - I'd say option 2 of course.

The optional 16" alloys (I think) look extremly smart - very nice indeed - as can be seen here on mine:

wheele.jpg

!Removed! ell :o Nightowl that picture big enough? Anyone on a slow connection or dial up will have to wait until tomorrow to see that one :D

!Removed! ell :o Nightowl that picture big enough? Anyone on a slow connection or dial up will have to wait until tomorrow to see that one :D

lol. I think I was trying to get the photo actual lifesize! ;)

And is anyone still on dial up in 2010??? Surely not. lol - the good old days of dial up!!! Strangely enough - I miss that dial-up 'connecting' modem sound...

the good old days of dial up!!! Strangely enough - I miss that dial-up 'connecting' modem sound...

That's my most favourite sound in the world, I miss it too :(

Also, I dislike the chrome so I would personally (and have done so) opt for a Zetec-S! :D

That's my most favourite sound in the world, I miss it too :(

Also, I dislike the chrome so I would personally (and have done so) opt for a Zetec-S! :D

Just for you Flic - fond memories... :D

Any chance you have got a profile photo of your whole car with the 16" wheels and dress kit?

So i can see what the wheels look like with the dress kit (i'm worried they might look to small)

Just for you Flic - fond memories... :D

Aaaaahhhhh, love it!! New ringtone maybe?? :lol:

Any chance you have got a profile photo of your whole car with the 16" wheels and dress kit?

So i can see what the wheels look like with the dress kit (i'm worried they might look to small)

Here's a link to my 'Hello' page.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7327&st=0&p=40863&fromsearch=1entry40863

The pics aren't that good, but give you the idea. I'm still meaning to post some better ones, but that means I have to clean it properly. :blink:

@Flic

I thought about that as a ringtone too... maybe a text alert rather than a call tho?

Option 2 all the way. You'll regret not getting the newer engine and you get a much better specced car with that option for not much more money :D

TBH, If I had been going for one of the ZS colours then that what I would have gone for and pocketed the difference . .

Here's a link to my 'Hello' page.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7327&st=0&p=40863&fromsearch=1entry40863

The pics aren't that good, but give you the idea. I'm still meaning to post some better ones, but that means I have to clean it properly. :blink:

@Flic

I thought about that as a ringtone too... maybe a text alert rather than a call tho?

Dressed up Tango Red Fez? I'm quite jealous! Looks really good.

I like the look of the XS but figured I'd spend most of my time in the car looking out so went for the better spec of the titanium ... Easy voice really and glad I made that decision :)

hi there as the others have said i would go for option 2 as well

when you come to trade the car in a TTn will still be worth more than the ZS you could get the dress up kit fitted leter too if you wanted

:)

Hi

I am getting a already built Zetec S petrol 1.6 in sea Grey but I do not think it as the auto headlights / wipers

How much are they after before scrappage,

I got mine from evens halshaw for £13.300 before scrappage and fords £450 finance contribution (£10850)

The second car looks a much better buy I had to pay an extra £300.00 for the heated front screen.

Hi

I am getting a already built Zetec S petrol 1.6 in sea Grey but I do not think it as the auto headlights / wipers

How much are they after before scrappage,

I got mine from evens halshaw for £13.300 before scrappage and fords £450 finance contribution (£10850)

The second car looks a much better buy I had to pay an extra £300.00 for the heated front screen.

Hi Roversok

The option 1 car i have been offered is a 1.6Tdci with Street Pack, bluetooth USB and the auto Headlamps/Wipers package in Sea Grey.

The price is £12,180 (after scrappage and ford discount) hmm does that sound expensive?

You are paying £1330.00 more for a car that is roughly the same book cost new.

Try ringing Evens Halshaw asking for the best deal on a pre-built but unregistered

They should be able to offer the deal at any branch, tell them what you are prepared to pay don't let them tell you what they want, make sure it as got the spec of a 2010 car or as close as you could hope to get

Mine is

Zetec S

1.6 petrol engine

Sea Grey colour

Street pack

Heated screen

17" wheels

USB and bluetooth

Good luck

You are paying £1330.00 more for a car that is roughly the same book cost new.

Try ringing Evens Halshaw asking for the best deal on a pre-built but unregistered

They should be able to offer the deal at any branch, tell them what you are prepared to pay don't let them tell you what they want, make sure it as got the spec of a 2010 car or as close as you could hope to get

Mine is

Zetec S

1.6 petrol engine

Sea Grey colour

Street pack

Heated screen

17" wheels

USB and bluetooth

Good luck

Thanks roversoc i will look into that (though the diesel is £615 more than the petrol, but that still means yours is £715 cheaper).

My ideal car would be the 1.6Tdci Titanium 3 Dr with Exterior Styling Kit, X Pack and bluetooth in Sea Grey (for £12k including scrappage and ford deposit)

Hi

I'd like some help and advice if possible please.

I have been given 2 options by my ford dealer for a new Fiesta under the scrappage deal but don't know which one to go for.

Option 1-

1.6 Tdci Zetec S with dress kit, Bluetooth USB, Auto Headlamps/Wipers, in Sea Grey (this car is pre made with older 90PS Tdci Engine).

Option 2-

1.6 Tdci Titanium 3 Dr with dress kit, Bluetooth USB, Leather, ESP, 16" 7 Spoke Alloys (not the 17" i want), in Sea Grey (this car will be made to order withe the newer 96PS Tdci Engine).

Which would you all go for?

ps option 2 is £365 more expensive.

It all depends on what you prefer after you've test driven BOTH of them mate. I went for the ZetecS, wanted the sportier handling and seats etc. Many others have gone for the Titanium. Really tough you need to try and test drive the models your interested in, lucky for me I did just that before laying the cash down.

I maybe prefer a built to order one though? I loved the fact my car was built because it was my order and spec, not built for stock or anything. But then I had to !Removed! wait haha :rolleyes:

Also a newer engine..... didn't know that? But I would maybe prefer to get that?

Hi Roversok

The option 1 car i have been offered is a 1.6Tdci with Street Pack, bluetooth USB and the auto Headlamps/Wipers package in Sea Grey.

The price is £12,180 (after scrappage and ford discount) hmm does that sound expensive?

Sorry for the double post but just wanted to add, think about this, the new Audi A1 will START from 13 to 14 thousand!! And I very much doubt it will have all that kit and it's the same size as the Fiesta :o

My car was £15620 all in before any discounts etc, in fact I didn't get any offers, bit difficult to get any when the dealers forcourt was covered in brand new delivered Fiestas weekly!! lol, but it is a good dealers so I was happy to pay and it's only 12 miles away.