Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mistral - Rear Wheel Bearing And Brakes

BlueHuman

Hi there, some advice if I may - firstly, my Mondeo Mistral 2004 1.8 petrol 60k failed the MOT on a rear wheel bearing which I'm told is the complete hub - is that correct as these are expensive? The garage is telling me Ford says the whole hub must be changed which includes the pressed in wheel bearing.

Secondly, the rear brakes are pressing in an unequal manner - it's not a fail but it is borderline - any suggestions? And lastly, my front discs are wearing down considerably - at 60k of mainly motorway driving would this be expected?

Thanks for all your help - Blue

Hi yes rear weel bearings are a complete hub unit, rear brakes... try a set of discs and pads usually sorts that out, frt discs yes 60k is reasonable wear out of the discs.

Hi yes rear weel bearings are a complete hub unit, rear brakes... try a set of discs and pads usually sorts that out, frt discs yes 60k is reasonable wear out of the discs.

Thanks for your quick response - happy with all that and just a further question on the rear unequal braking. The rear pads were changed 3-months ago, stil go for rear discs?

Blue

check to see if the discs have a 'lip' on them. It could also be the case of a sticky caliper or the pads catching in the holder BUT I would have thought this would have been picked up as binding during the mot or it may have been binding and since rectified itself(salt and grit on winter roads can do this)

Will do - thanks again.

Blue

as ure rear pads are recent do not be tempted to refit them with ure new discs! whatever fault ie blemish there was on the old disc could be transferred to the new by refitting these pads!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club