Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor fuel economy? 1.4 tdci

waqask64

My 58 plate mk6 fiesta has very bad fuel economy in town. Usually around 26mpg. Any possible cause apart from my driving? Ive heard others have much better than me.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

We did over 80k in our 1.4tdci - average easily over 50MPG.  Best was upper 60s driving around Snowdonia.

Are you sure some one has not sold you a Focus ST ???

Yeah definitely a fiesta. Its too slow to be anything else. Ive also recently noticed it really struggles to accelerate past 70mph on uphills. Surely this isnt normal right?

No, that's not normal.  Even at a worst case of a couple of miles of hilly town driving at a time you should still get 40mpg+ in a 1.4TDCi. 

I assume there isn't an obviously fuel leak anywhere? 

Is there any black smoke from the exhaust? 

Personally I'd be checking for boost leaks and injectors leaks first.  Then move on to injectors, EGR and turbo.

It seems like theres smoke coming out when im on the motorway at 70+ but otherwise no. Not sure abour fuel leaks or anything else. Taking it for a service next week so hopefully they will find the problem.

Evening

my nanna has a '58' plate zetec blue edition ( last of old model) and she averages 36.2mpg but car only does 2k per year but she hardly ever fills up.

when she does she fills from half a tank and costs £20 approx. my car i fill up at 1/4 full and costs me £40 approx. and my car is averaging 31.3mpg.

Yeah costs me about the same. About 34 liters or so. Isnt the fuel tank supposed to be 42 liters in capacity?

not sure without looking at the specs. is yours the newer shape or the same as my nannas because you should be getting more than that

Its this 1. Official specs are much higher than what i get for fuel consumption. I get 26 city and about 40 motorwayc5fd848ff9f4c5aeab1f5761ca3505c4.jpg

11 hours ago, waqask64 said:

Its this 1. Official specs are much higher than what i get for fuel consumption. I get 26 city and about 40 motorwayc5fd848ff9f4c5aeab1f5761ca3505c4.jpg

Is that your actual car or just a picture from the internet?  Those wheels will ruin fuel consumption if that's your car...

Is that your actual car or just a picture from the internet?  Those wheels will ruin fuel consumption if that's your car...
Thats just off the internet to show which body shape the car is. These are the wheels on the car. add0d02a0f161e5e9a65ec64a463b403.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club