Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air con compressor

Fiesta1.25

Hi all, i have just had an aircon compressor leak diagnosed in my fiesta 1.6l petrol I can’t justify the £400 price tag to have a new one supplied and fitted, so I’ve began to look into buying a second hand compressor. There are plenty listed on eBay with my part number, but I have noticed that some say 120cc pag and some say 170cc pag does anyone know what the difference between the two are and do I need to match up the part number AND the pag qty?

I think an aircon compressor is one of the only things I wont buy used. The only problem with a used part is you cant guarantee how long it will last. For all you know you will drive it for 2 weeks and then have the seals go on that one.

I agree it’s a gamble but £40 used as opposed to £400 for a new one is something that I can’t ignore, it’s just the pag 170cc or 120cc that I need to know about so I can go ahead and order one.

you will still need to pay for aircon to be gassed once fitted. and then if you find it's a duff compressor that's money down the drain on the regassing even if you do get a refund on the part. If my aircon went wrong and I could not fix it without paying anything out I would just leave it not working. We all mangaed to survive a few years ago with no aircon. I know it's up to you and how much you want your aircon working. It's a gamble. (I don't know the answer on the numbers)

actually it was quite hot today, my wife insisted on putting the aircon on - perhaps i wouldn't get away with leaving it not working

actually it was quite hot today, my wife insisted on putting the aircon on - perhaps i wouldn't get away with leaving it not working

Lol yes it’s weather like this that you can’t really do without aircon (even in Scotland the temperature over the weekend has been 22 Celsius) so I have went ahead and ordered the parts, I got a compressor from a 2011 which has only done 31k miles, the oil I need is PAG 46 and uses 120cc so once it’s all fitted and gassed up the total cost will be a fraction of the price I was quoted for a new one. I will post back here once it’s fitted and either working or not

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I’d update..... so I bought a used compressor, auxiliary belt, Pag46 oil and new compressor seals, all fitted by myself, then got ac system vacuum checked then re-gassed total cost £130 and two weeks later all is working fine, so quite a substantial saving from buying new.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club