Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Smax 07 plate boot problem!

Jochad84

I have a 07 plate Smax which has been a dream so far. Tonight when I was pulling off the drive, as I stepped on the breaks the interior lights started coming on and there was a whirring noise coming from the boot. I put the car in reverse (with the noise and lights still going mad) and parked back up on the drive. The whirring noise happens when I turn the lights on, when I put the car in reverse and when I break. When I try to open the boot it will sometimes open straight away and other time takes a few presses to open. This is the first time I have had any problem with the boot, there was never any symptoms before tonight. Obviously the car is not driveable like this. I am baffled. Please help.

Check the wiring that goes through the rubber convoluted tube on the left from tailgate to the body. Chances are the wiring is damaged. 

• Like 1

I have checked and it all looks fine, no obvious damage to it and nothing loose. 

13 hours ago, iantt said:

Check the wiring that goes through the rubber convoluted tube on the left from tailgate to the body. Chances are the wiring is damaged. 

I can not believe how right you were! I have taken the left side rubber tube down to have a quick look and there are 3 snapped wires and the other lot look like they are about to snap! I have no idea how this has happened! Absolutely gutted but I guess I will spend the day trying to fix them all. Thank you for your help. If it wasn't for what you said I wouldn't have looked and would have taken it to the Ford garage! X

20190419_105132.jpg

Good you found the issue, quite a common problem . 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club