Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re dab radio

ESO

Hi can anyone please help me out with this please I have a 2015 Ford Fiesta with standard radio.i have bought one today that is dab.i fitted every thing in as it says plug and play.so I fitted it all in and I had dab working perfectly in my car .as soon as I started the car dab has gone it’s not even showing dab on the little screen again it’s as if it’s just my old radio is back in but it’s not it’s the dab one that is in but I can not get it to go to dab can anyone please help me many thanks 

4 hours ago, ESO said:

as it says plug and play

What says its plug and play?

You have to activate it using a modified Elm327 plugged into a laptop running Forscan.

7 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

You have to activate it using a modified Elm327 plugged into a laptop running Forscan.

Am not good when it comes to computers can you please point me in the right direction where to download it from  and can this be done with a usb stick.do you think this will work so that my new dab radio will work many thanks for your reply meens a lot again thanks the person I bought it from on eBay says plug and play 

The eBay seller wont have been selling it as a retrofit kit. Its plug and play if you already have DAB (and just changing the head unit because it went faulty etc.). As you're retrofitting you need to activate it. I did the same retrofit to my fiesta and created a topic on it (linked below).

You'll need this adapter. Then download forscan after signing up for the extended license (free) from here.

Forscan is a very powerful piece of software that will easily brick your ECU if you start messing with random stuff. Make backups of any file on the ECU you plan on changing before changing anything. The worst case scenario is you have to restore your backup file.

As I say, have a good read through the topic I created, which isnt far off going through as a tutorial to get DAB retrofitted and activated using forscan.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 8:26 PM, Luke4efc said:

Thanks for the reply I have just ordered the thing that plugs in so I will let you all no if it works finger crossed 

11336F45-5BC8-4686-A81D-4B58170354C4.png

Hi again got my elm 327 today it came with a cd can anyone please help me on what I do from now I have my laptop ready and the elm 327 do I plug the elm327 in to the laptop first and also do I need to download anything to the elm 327    Thank you and sorry for being a pest 

You have to download forscan onto your laptop and plug everything in. When you load it up it will ask you to flip the switch on the Elm327. It might do this a couple of times.

Thank you for a very quick reply I will do that now and let you no how I get on again thanks pal 

Hi Luke when you say download and plug everything in do I have to be in the car when I do this many thanks 

Well you're going to struggle to plug into your obd2 port sat inside your house lol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Well you're going to struggle to plug into your obd2 port sat inside your house lol.

Lol I have a long lead . I have just registered on forscan and just waiting for them to activate my registration.then hopefully I will have dab thanks again Luke 

• Like 1

Hi Luke just an update tryed everything to get the dab working but no joy whatsoever is thare anything else I can try many thanks 

Update Luke all working fantastic now had to play about with a few settings and dab1 dab2 all working.id just like to thank you from my heart if I was nr you I’d have taken you out to the pub again credit to you for all the information you have given to me so thank you.i think am going to go up to the sat nav next I will keep you informed again thanks pal 

• Like 1

Haha no worries, glad you got it working.

Sat nav requires swapping out more parts, and a bit of splicing to the wiring harness to get the spoken directions and traffic info working. The method of activating using Forscan is pretty similar though.

Been driving about for an hour and it’s not dropped out once.thanks to Luke for all the information I can now say mine was a good buy as well.a few months before I update to sat nav.  Am just trying to update the sync now but this is very confusing I have tried 4 new usbs it just keeps saying files not found. 

FC421A39-48B5-4DB7-AD92-81F37C92B192.jpeg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club