Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gel Overlays- Yay Or Nay?

Jack_P

Just got them delivered and put them on, but im not so sure. The colour im pretty sure is the Zetec S anniversary edition green not the apple colour that mine is

IMG00085-20100303-1653.jpg

Comments off all sorts would be most welcome :)

Just got them delivered and put them on, but im not so sure. The colour im pretty sure is the Zetec S anniversary edition green not the apple colour that mine is

IMG00085-20100303-1653.jpg

Although a slightly different shade of green they still look really good B)

I think they do look pretty good if you ask me :)

I had the red overlays on my Tango. I ended up changing them for Black and Chrome cos the red looked pink under orange street lights! And it just didn't really work on mine. BUT it made me realise the ones I have now are quite universal - like they say Black goes with everything!

Your green goes better than my red did...

I have to say, and I'm probably the only one - But I don't really like the overlays that much. I think they look a little odd :blink: Not just meaning on your car, Jack! All of them...

I have to say, and I'm probably the only one - But I don't really like the overlays that much. I think they look a little odd :blink: Not just meaning on your car, Jack! All of them...

If I had a blue car, I wouldn't have them either. For me it was just that the Ford badges now are quite large, and that much blue on a red car needed removing! The black I have now is quite subtle. I WILL add some pics to show it ;)

:P

Jack - I have them, and like them - but I have to say that if I had your colour car, I wouldn't go for green because the colour match will be so hard. I'd be inclined to go with another colour - black, white, silver, but not green.

I had the red overlays on my Tango. I ended up changing them for Black and Chrome cos the red looked pink under orange street lights! And it just didn't really work on mine. BUT it made me realise the ones I have now are quite universal - like they say Black goes with everything!

Your green goes better than my red did...

Did you have the full red background with black "Ford" and border or opposite?

I have the opposite and since there is very little red you do not notice the difference in colour so much between the Tango and Red. Jack - maybe you could also try this if you are feeling a bit finny about them? (they look good how they are though imo)

Did you have the full red background with black "Ford" and border or opposite?

I have the opposite and since there is very little red you do not notice the difference in colour so much between the Tango and Red. Jack - maybe you could also try this if you are feeling a bit finny about them? (they look good how they are though imo)

Hmmmmm now that you mention it :unsure:

Ill see how they get on for like a week or so n if i still havent decided ill pull them off and maybe look at others!

Picture For Reference

Black/Red Gel Overlay (Front)

carfront.jpg

Sorry mate, they don't do anything for me - must be the fact that the colour isn't quite right. Usually quite a fan of the overlays.

I really want to get some but I'm torn what to go for (Sea Grey)..

Either Carbon/Chrome or White with black text?

No you're not, it's just that a bite my lip now as there are too many touchy people on here.

Picture For Reference

Black/Red Gel Overlay (Front)

carfront.jpg

Ooooooo that looks good :)

I've got the overlays already - just need the car to arrive! Week to go... B)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club