Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centre console fitting

robbyvrs
聽Share

Does anyone have a fitting guide for the centre console as i've just ordered1 with the armrest as mine doesn't have 1?

Hoping it's an easy swap but knowing my luck it wont be 馃槥

Hi what reg Fiesta do you have?

you mean like this one?

yunii

IMG-20170703-WA0001.jpg

with illuminated red led lights in cup holder.
yunii b89ad0f9718fba82435336ef79fa68a3.jpgdedd26e6e4f0b7357711cbb3b3ef98a7.jpg8215462b0de7769cf26482ff279c44ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mine is the MK8 - latest model (2018)

The console i've ordered is from a Titanium model as my ST-Line doesn't have an armrest as standard

This is like the 1 i've ordered

yAnfn0n.jpg

Whenever I do things like this, I use the replacement part to work out where all the screw etc go, ie, take a look at the new part and form a plan as to how it all comes apart etc, then fitting is the reverse. Hope that makes sense.

1 hour ago, nashdm2 said:

Whenever I do things like this, I use the replacement part to work out where all the screw etc go, ie, take a look at the new part and form a plan as to how it all comes apart etc, then fitting is the reverse. Hope that makes sense.

That's what i do - i was hoping to find out first if the front seats are in the way and have to be removed or if there's enough room if i slide them forwards/ backwards

The Armrest fitted came out of mk8 & mine is mk7, I did not remove seats as no need.

I鈥檝e done this recently in my 2018 st-line, real piece of cake.

steps are:

1. Pull up shiny gear lever surround, remove gadget trap聽and leave the surround loose

2. Pull hard (towards gear lever),聽on the heater control surround to extract聽it from the dash.

3. Unclip the heater pane plug and remove the surround complete with heater panel, manoeuvring the gear surround through the hole in the surround.

4. Remove the 2 torx聽screws where the heater was just removed from.

5. In each footwell, remove the two screw covers on the console kick plate and remove the two screws.

6. Pull each chair forward and from the rear seat, remove the two screw covers at the lower sides of the console and remove screws.

7. Pull up on the leather hand brake surround and it unclips from the console.聽

8. Carefully pull the console up slightly and push the unclipped handbrake surround through the console.

9. Reach in behind the eco/stopstart聽buttons and remove the connector.

10. Carefully remove the console by lifting it up over the handbrake and remove it from the car.

The new console fits exactly the same in reverse except find the spare connector for the ambient lighting and plug it in to the new console.

Hopefully I haven鈥檛 forgotten anything!

This all takes about an hour all in.

Hope this helps!

5 hours ago, yunii said:

The Armrest fitted came out of mk8 & mine is mk7, I did not remove seats as no need.

The one you fitted to your mk7 came from a mk7.5

The one you fitted to your mk7 came from a mk7.5
that's what it was advertised as mk8 .but you're probably right.
yunii

12 hours ago, Smartd00d said:

steps are:

1. Pull up shiny gear lever surround, remove gadget trap聽and leave the surround loose

2. Pull hard (towards gear lever),聽on the heater control surround to extract聽it from the dash.

3. Unclip the heater pane plug and remove the surround complete with heater panel, manoeuvring the gear surround through the hole in the surround.

5. In each footwell, remove the two screw covers on the console kick plate and remove the two screws.

6. Pull each chair forward and from the rear seat, remove the two screw covers at the lower sides of the console and remove screws.

8. Carefully pull the console up slightly and push the unclipped handbrake surround through the console.

10. Carefully remove the console by lifting it up over the handbrake and remove it from the car.

The new console fits exactly the same in reverse except find the spare connector for the ambient lighting and plug it in to the new console.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, very detailed -probably take me a day not an hour 馃檪

I didn't know about the ambient lighting, so there should be a plug under the console already in place for the new console? bonus

Yep nice blue glow for free. Brightens it up a bit. You can get footwell lamps from Ford parts too (拢10 per side),聽and they鈥檒l pop straight in for a nice blue glow there too. 馃槈

23 minutes ago, Smartd00d said:

Yep nice blue glow for free. Brightens it up a bit. You can get footwell lamps from Ford parts too (拢10 per side),聽and they鈥檒l pop straight in for a nice blue glow there too. 馃槈

First "mod" i did was to fit the Ford footwell lights 馃檪

Trying for the OEM+ theme with this car - everything will be Ford/ Mountune apart from the decals i fitted, at least this way the warranty will be ok

On 4/22/2019 at 4:50 PM, Smartd00d said:

Well console arrived today (will be fitting this weekend), had a look underneath and could see 2 wires going into cupholders with wires then dissapearing into harness leading to multiplug - does the power for cupholder lights come from this plug as i couldn't see any other connectors? i assumed you meant there would be a loose connector under the console which plugged into the cupholders?

Thanks

Well console fitted 馃榾 after pratting about trying to unplug everything before lifting the old console out i realised after an hour i din't need to (couldn't remove 2 of the 3 plugs on the rear USB) - only had to remove the 2 plugs on the heater, 2 plugs on the gear surround then the 2 plugs behind the lower trim which the console harness plugs into 馃檮

The new console lighting is part of the old harness so there isn't a separate plug - just plug in the old connectors and the lights work

Could do the job again saving over an hour now i know

Now have the eco/ traction/ stop start buttons spare if anyone needs any, probably save the old console and swap back when i sell the car

Nice one! Sorry must have got a bit mixed up with the 7.5 console I fitted just before I sold it and got the 8. Not a bad job really is it, you鈥檙e right though, it鈥檒l take a fraction of the time the 2nd time round. I鈥檓 keeping the old one too for when it gets chopped in for a newie.

I searched for the connector to the lights under the console then looked at my old 1 - that also has wires to the cupholders although i can't recall seeing them lit?

At least when it's time to trade the car in it'll only take 30 mins to swap consoles back 馃檪

• 1 year later...
On 4/21/2019 at 10:47 PM, Smartd00d said:

steps are:

Hope this helps!

Hey, I know this is late. did you take any photos of this? I wan't to do it. I need to source one first though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club