Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford to discontinue production of Cmax & Grand Cmax

Tebba

I thought this was announced months ago?

The mondeo is gone from next year too 

Entire episode of The Grand Tour dedicated to its farewell.

26 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

I thought this was announced months ago?

It probably was but I thought I'd post the link as many people may have missed the announcement.... 

14 minutes ago, Tebba said:

It probably was but I thought I'd post the link as many people may have missed the announcement.... 

I didn't know the Cmax was going. 

42 minutes ago, iantt said:

And b max

Wasn't that discontinued late 2017?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iantt said:

And b max

Are they keeping the Smax ? 

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Are they keeping the Smax ? 

If the total number of posts on here in the various model forums is a reflection of the actual sales interest in the cars, you can see where Ford are coming from with the range alterations.

I read somewhere that the Galaxy and S-Max would still be available for the time being - though the current trend seems to be to replace everything with some kind of SUV!😀

• Like 1

Its a shame but thats progress, the cmax is a very underated vehicle, I dont want or need an SUV type car and  a Focus or Mondeo Estate is to low for me to get into, so depending whats on offer next year when i change my car, it may well be bye bye ford hello some one else.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Its a shame but thats progress, the cmax is a very underated vehicle, I dont want or need an SUV type car and  a Focus or Mondeo Estate is to low for me to get into, so depending whats on offer next year when i change my car, it may well be bye bye ford hello some one else.

That's my position too, I've got the grand cmax and it's really versatile and has a huge luggage area when the seats are folded down, ideal for our wend trips up to our static caravan in mid Wales, the SUV alternative is the Kuga but the luggage and internal space is too small for us, shame but when I change it won't be with ford this time unless they start producing MAVs again...... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tebba said:

That's my position too, I've got the grand cmax and it's really versatile and has a huge luggage area when the seats are folded down, ideal for our wend trips up to our static caravan in mid Wales, the SUV alternative is the Kuga but the luggage and internal space is too small for us, shame but when I change it won't be with ford this time unless they start producing MAVs again...... 

Yep more space than a Kuga, which was going to be my 1st choice as it was easy to get into, but the Grand C max is more versatile, the sliding rear doors are a godsend.

the handling is top notch too very sporty  not suprisng  considering it based on a focus, it hustles along just fine.

Yes the seat height on the C max suits our taste , just slide in no bending needed. The main problem for me with most other cars is, you tend to be sitting on the floor.