Do Not Sell My Personal Information

camshaft sensors oil leak , first 1000 KM ? !!

Eng_Ahmad1986

Hello to all 

two days ago I went for the 1000 KM PDI inspection at Ford dealer here in Egypt , and I informed them about the oil leak ( or vapor ) on the camshaft sensors as seen in the photos , they informed me that this is normal for that engine , and they see no issues at all as long as oil level hasn't dropped, they told me also that for a turbo engine you might find oil vapor here or there sometimes and this is normal according to FORD , they told me its not a leak, its just a vapor and there is nothing to worry about.

now what do you think ? is this normal ? specially for the first 1000 KM ? what can I do ? should I email FORD for that issue ? please I need your opinions 🙂 help me 🙂

thank you very much for considering.

56BEEA2E-250F-4D52-8A05-71341241A94A.jpeg.faf1f562e19deda1769e22c685c539bd.jpg

584444C2-76B2-4E2A-8300-9E572AACA309.jpeg.c061c8ae8220a424708b9eca9d7c2529.jpg

A49B1CD3-0DF5-4CAF-B5C3-63D37F0E606B.jpeg.d73633487ea8b07b105e53265f256226.jpg

I’d think if it’s leaking “oil vapour”, as they suggest, that it would be failing the antipollution standards, so I call BS on their response. 

My much older engine has no leaks there. 

• Like 1

That is quite normal on the 1.0EB from what I've seen, cam covers often leak as well.  I agree it's annoying for such a new car but it's not really an issue.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

That is quite normal on the 1.0EB from what I've seen, cam covers often leak as well.  I agree it's annoying for such a new car but it's not really an issue.

I guess I have to live with it then 🙂 so when should I start to worry ? when should it be considered an issue ? 🙂 

When it starts dripping on the floor it needs fixing... :wink:   It'll probably just mist for years to come though. 

I don't know if you have mandatory yearly vehicle checks in Egypt like the MOT test we have in the UK?  If so, there may be specific rules regarding oil leaks for that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

When it starts dripping on the floor it needs fixing... :wink:   It'll probably just mist for years to come though. 

I don't know if you have mandatory yearly vehicle checks in Egypt like the MOT test we have in the UK?  If so, there may be specific rules regarding oil leaks for that.

we don't have that kind of check in Egypt , what we have during the yearly check is vehicles body check for scratches or accidents , lights , wipers, mirrors, and parking brake checks, windscreens and windows check, warning triangle, car fire extinguisher, and first aid kit check , besides the emission check but not done always, only done from time to time  🙂 so as you say when there is visible oil leak then I should worry , but for this kind of oil vapour no worries 🙂 

• Like 1

by the way , Egypt's current emission standard is Euro II  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1