Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Petrol (56 Reg) Hesistation Problem

Gareth Roberts

Hello,

I am new to this forum but have been looking at your posts over the last few months.

I have a 56 reg 1.6 petrol ghia. The car has developed a hesistaion while cold always at 2000 rpm is fine awat from 2000 rpm. The car is only a week out of warranty and the local garage have had the car for nearly two weeks now and they have done

Car computer diagnostic - an error code that they have never seen and have no clue what it is!

Temporarly swapped spark plugs, HT leads and coil pack from another car - no change

Complete fuel tank and pump removal check - no problem

3 sets of compression test at different time (first they said it was OK, then not OK (140-155psi range)

Cylinder leakage test!

They have not found the fault but think it may be the conrods are bent (Want over £800 to take apart the engine and check - but no guarantee its the fault!). The car has never been driven in the flood and never hydrolocked. Also why would this problem be only when cold and at a certain engine speed - Surely it would be all the time? The garage cannot anwser any of my questions above which has left me really worried!

Does anyone have any advice on what it could be as I am sure it is not bent conrods?! Many thanks, Gareth

Coilpacks?

they changed the coil pack with one from another car how do they know that it was working? what was the error code all error codes will be stated there arent random ones lying around try and get the code from them and post it here. is this a ford garage or a backstreet mechanic etc conrods i would doubt very highly and compression tests dont just pick and choose it either leaks or it doesnt if you want my opinion the garage doesnt have a clue i would take it elsewhere.

by the sounds of it i would guess coilpack and or ht leads more likely is a sensor wether it be crank sensor or a temperature sensor save youreself 800 quid take it to a ford garage and they will hook it up and see the live data showing them what everythings doing

Thanks for your help so far - today I have had some more info through from the dealer (It is TCH in Derbyshire which is one of the largest ford dealers in the country)

Fault codes

P060A-68 – PCM Internal control module monitoring processor performance.

Compression Test

Cylinder 1 : 125 psi

Cylinder 2 : 125 psi

Cylinder 3 : 130 psi

Cylinder 4 : 125 psi

V C T Angles

Inlet : 7.12 degrees

Exhaust : 13.5 degrees

Cylinder Leakage Test

Cylinder 1 : 12 %

Cylinder 2 : 15 %

Cylinder 3 : 13 %

Cylinder 4 : 10 %

Fuel Pressure

General : 4.02 bar

Thanks for the help. Gareth

Thanks for your help so far - today I have had some more info through from the dealer (It is TCH in Derbyshire which is one of the largest ford dealers in the country)

Fault codes

P060A-68 – PCM Internal control module monitoring processor performance.

Compression Test

Cylinder 1 : 125 psi

Cylinder 2 : 125 psi

Cylinder 3 : 130 psi

Cylinder 4 : 125 psi

V C T Angles

Inlet : 7.12 degrees

Exhaust : 13.5 degrees

Cylinder Leakage Test

Cylinder 1 : 12 %

Cylinder 2 : 15 %

Cylinder 3 : 13 %

Cylinder 4 : 10 %

Fuel Pressure

General : 4.02 bar

Thanks for the help. Gareth

well the compression is within 10psi of a difference which isnt that bad maybe needing the seals replaced

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club