Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adapters for LED headlight bulbs

gingerblack

Hi

Is anyone using LED Bulbs in a MK3 and using adapters to hold them in as they don't have the usual spring clip to hold the bulb tight. H1/H7 There are a few on eBay but the reviews aren't very good and say they don't fit very well.

Thanks

I’m currently using them in my mk3 ST and the adapters hold the LED Bulbs in fine. Just make sure you buy the right adaptor :)

I’ve had them in for a year and passed MOT with no issues. Beam pattern is spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, Monks600 said:

I’m currently using them in my mk3 ST and the adapters hold the led bulbs in fine. Just make sure you buy the right adaptor 🙂

I’ve had them in for a year and passed MOT with no issues. Beam pattern is spot on.

cheers, did you need to modify any of the wiring? what bulbs are you using?

Nope nothing at all, on mine the the H7 dipped beams accepted the LED Bulbs without any issues and I don’t have any bulb out errors on the dash at all. I have the following installed as we speak and they are amazing! They are literally plug and play and the build quality is good. Like I said, running them for a year now with no issues at all.

Car Rover H7 LED Bulbs 10800LM High Beam or Fog Lights for Car, Replacement Kit for Halogen Xenon Lights 12V-24V Lamp 6000K White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078XQY3X7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fj4VCbGBYSZKX

3 hours ago, Monks600 said:

Please ensure your bulbs confirm to the beam pattern, especially if using in a reflector housing vs projector housing.

Nothing I hate more than being blinded by some berk with HID/LED aftermarket crap that isn't aligned properly 😄

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 4/23/2019 at 10:17 PM, Monks600 said:

I’m currently using them in my mk3 ST and the adapters hold the led bulbs in fine. Just make sure you buy the right adaptor 🙂

I know time as pass a bit but do you have a link or picture for the correct adapter?  Got a MK3 also and need to fit these LED Bulbs . cheers. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club