Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EGR opens at cold idle

alynxs

Hello. I have a ford focus 2, 2007 year, 1.6 TDCi 90cp. In morning,  i can see with forscan that my egr is openning at cold idle, after i start the car. Egrvp varies between 50-70%, causing a very rough idle. When i stop the car i can see egr moves between 0 and 100% and then remains on 0 after few cycles. Egr has been cleaned and calibrated with forscan. Egr is a valeo one.

I tried with another egr from a local service and it happens the same. My ecu commands the egr to open after i start the car even engine is very cold. The start, the running of car is pretty good, except the rough idle at cold. No dtcs errors.

What it can be?

No one any opinion on this?

Honestly, I think it's normal to be slightly open at cold idle but can't seem to find EGR logs from my old one to confirm.  

Although it feels a bit rough it helps reduce emissions and reuce coolant warm up times due to the EGR cooler.   It's self testing fine after shut off as you say it moves between 0 to 100% a couple of times.  The EGR mapping on these doesn't take driveability into consideration, the horrible pull away 'dip' on them is caused by the poor EGR mapping as well.

I have rough idle sometimes at cold and i can`t figure why it is happening. Injectors are fine.

5 minutes ago, alynxs said:

I have rough idle sometimes at cold and i can`t figure why it is happening. Injectors are fine.

Are the glowplugs ok?  They're used for several minutes after startup on these, you can watch them cycle on & off through Forscan live data same as the EGR.

A rough idle isn't unusual on these though, unless it's really bad and shaking the car or smoking a lot I really wouldn't worry about it.

Glowplugs are fine, replaced all four 2 weeks ago with Bosch new ones.

Yes, that's it, the rough idle shakes the car a little on cold, but i have no smoke, at idle and at running there is no smoke. At start there is little white smoke, but very little, for about 1-2 seconds after start-up.

And by rough idle at cold i mean at 10 degrees, not very cold.

20190426-195751.jpg
20190426-195753.jpg

These values are at 40 degrees engine temperature, but car runs fine at that temperature.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club