Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SAT NAV MAPS

LesPes

The sat nav is in and the holiday weekend i was able to give it a good workout. So far i'm not that impressed. It works but as a tomtom user in the past i find the Ford system woefully underwhelming.I see there are tomtom cards with maps that are available are these any better?  Yesterday i went to a postcode in nw London nw2 7,  7 never even come up stopped at 6. Roads been there for a hundred years or more so it's not an old map version. On the weekend i went to an address in Cambridgeshire it sent me to a dead end about 500 yards from where i needed to be, strange !.

As for the tomtom maps are they the same as a tomtom satnav or similar to the ford display? Thought i would ask as i dont have any knowledge of inbuilt systems like this one, it seems like it can do the job but not as good as the standalone tomtom.

• Like 1

Hi Les, I hade the same problem with my built in sat nav it was missing roads and sending me to the wrong places then I found a post on FOC about update cards on eBay so I purchased one cost about £22 slotted it in it said on the chip Tom Tom so I assumed it was there map updates. So I put it to the test I fitted my Tom Tom sat nav in also set up the in car sat nav and from a 100mile run from my home to where I keep my caravan they both gave identical read outs so I might be worth investing in a map update but don't get a Ford as they cost around £100.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tappet said:

Hi Les, I hade the same problem with my built in sat nav it was missing roads and sending me to the wrong places then I found a post on FOC about update cards on ebay so I purchased one cost about £22 slotted it in it said on the chip Tom Tom so I assumed it was there map updates. So I put it to the test I fitted my Tom Tom sat nav in also set up the in car sat nav and from a 100mile run from my home to where I keep my caravan they both gave identical read outs so I might be worth investing in a map update but don't get a Ford as they cost around £100.

Thanks Rod i was hoping for some feedback like this, the sat nav runs well it's just the maps, mine are Ford, sounds like tomtom are the ones to get. Thanks for your help.

16 hours ago, Tappet said:

Hi Les, I hade the same problem with my built in sat nav it was missing roads and sending me to the wrong places then I found a post on FOC about update cards on ebay so I purchased one cost about £22 slotted it in it said on the chip Tom Tom so I assumed it was there map updates. So I put it to the test I fitted my Tom Tom sat nav in also set up the in car sat nav and from a 100mile run from my home to where I keep my caravan they both gave identical read outs so I might be worth investing in a map update but don't get a Ford as they cost around £100.

Would you have a link to the one you purchased? Thanks 

You can purchase a satnav with lifetime updates cheaper than what Ford charge for an update!  Unfortunately.

My Ford sat nav (2017) is utter crap compared to a number of free ones on my phone. I have no idea why car makers don't install an android screen and let you put on any sat nav you wish. I doubt the massive cost of updates recoups even a fraction of what they spend developing them.

• Like 1

Hi David go on to eBay, on eBay go to motors section and in the box at the top type in Fiesta Sat Nav SD Card and it will bring up a big list of all sd cards available that's how I found mine hope this helps.

Regards Rod.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Les Glad you got it sorted, the card I got was also a Bosch and found it a lot better.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club