Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Rear bumper stolen

dempsey1

Hello last night my rear bumper spoiler was ripped off my focus, I've called ford and they've quoted me £422.81 no way am I paying that does anyone have one or no where I can get one I've got various scrapyards looking for me. 

IMG_20190424_221943.jpg

IMG_20190424_221933.jpg

• Sad 1

That's not good 😢. Have you checked any breakers? 

It's not I was fuming especially when I heard then rip it off I think it was targeted as its the only titanium x of that style around that I've seen, yeah I went to Manchester bcs earlier and he's going to have a look around for me next stop Liverpool. 

What an odd thing to steal!  The Titanium X doesn't have a special rear diffuser does it?  I could understand if it was a ZS or ST! :unsure:

You wouldn't think so but on a normal focus the exaust is hidden by the defuser but with the titanium x because the exaust tip sticks out it makes it hard to get hold of one. 

1 hour ago, dempsey1 said:

You wouldn't think so but on a normal focus the exaust is hidden by the defuser but with the titanium x because the exaust tip sticks out it makes it hard to get hold of one. 

The exhaust tip isn't specific to the Titanium X, it's because of the engine.  1.0EB and 1.6TDCi have a hidden tip, 1.6EB and 2.0TDCi has the visible tip regardless of trim level. :smile:

I threw my old one from my Focus out last week otherwise I would've let you have it for free 😞 

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The exhaust tip isn't specific to the Titanium X, it's because of the engine.  1.0EB and 1.6TDCi have a hidden tip, 1.6EB and 2.0TDCi has the visible tip regardless of trim level. :smile:

the engie i have is the 1.6 scti 182ps i had a look in a breakers today and the cut was in a different place eBay it is i think if not ill have to get a normal trim and adapt it. 

1 hour ago, Ryan_Tango said:

I threw my old one from my Focus out last week otherwise I would've let you have it for free 😞 

no worries mate thanks anyway. 

What an odd thing to steal!  The Titanium X doesn't have a special rear diffuser does it?  I could understand if it was a ZS or ST! :unsure:

Talking about odd things to steal I've had the trim piece next to the passengers side wing mirror stolen..
  • Confused 1

Someone stole the front tow-eye cover off my previous ST one week before I chopped it in for my current ST.
I think there was also an attempt to swag my headlight washer covers this week as I found one half tucked and jammed into the bumper hole.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

12 hours ago, dempsey1 said:

the engie i have is the 1.6 scti 182ps i had a look in a breakers today and the cut was in a different place ebay it is i think if not ill have to get a normal trim and adapt it. 

Where was the cut?  As far as I know there's only one location of the 'Strt Sngl Vsbl Pipe One Sd Sngl Muf' as ETIS calls it.

Very annoying there's no picture here but going by part numbers this is the one you need - considerably cheaper than Ford's quote.  Maybe they thought you wanted a ZS one or even a whole bumper for that quote!?  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Side-Bumper-Bar-Extension-1705756/273453535588?epid=1409752383&hash=item3fab19d164:g:k1sAAOSw5S9blkVp  (Edit - not this part, this is for the saloon model).

EDIT:  Even the ST one in primer is only £90...I have no idea where a £400 quote came from! :laugh: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-MK3-Rear-Bumper-Bar-Valance-Side-Extension-1779075/273533684696?epid=17015483832&hash=item3fafe0cbd8:g:1AMAAOSwvoxb2EHm

Right, because I'm talking to myself and the above post is getting messy now I'll clear it up here.  The rear diffuser/valance costs less than £100 from Ford for any of the hatchbacks, no idea where the £400 quote came from.

However there are 2 different part numbers for the valance with the exhaust cut-out.  These seem to be the difference between saloon and hatchback.  The one you need for the hatchback is below.  1705854.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-MK3-Rear-Bumper-Bar-Valance-Side-Extension-1705854/182411173301?epid=1609822311&hash=item2a788d9db5:g:6E8AAOSw2xRYbc52

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Right, because I'm talking to myself and the above post is getting messy now I'll clear it up here.  The rear diffuser/valance costs less than £100 from Ford for any of the hatchbacks, no idea where the £400 quote came from.

However there are 2 different part numbers for the valance with the exhaust cut-out.  These seem to be the difference between saloon and hatchback.  The one you need for the hatchback is below.  1705854.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-MK3-Rear-Bumper-Bar-Valance-Side-Extension-1705854/182411173301?epid=1609822311&hash=item2a788d9db5:g:6E8AAOSw2xRYbc52

hello pal sorry for taking time in getting back to you i found one off eBay from a right off for 37 pound so cant argue will show you a pic once its fitted thanks again for your help 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dempsey1 said:

hello pal sorry for taking time in getting back to you i found one off ebay from a right off for 37 pound so cant argue will show you a pic once its fitted thanks again for your help 

Can't go wrong with that price. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club