Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dal's MK8 Fiesta ST-Line

Darren-mk8

Here is my mk8 Fiesta ST-Line. Not done anything to it yet apart from (de-badging) removing the ST-Line emblems from the sides and removing the Fiesta emblem from the rear. I am planning on making some aesthetic mods in the near future. Don't want to change the engine or performance, just want to make it prettier. Best Ford i've had over the years and i think this is going to be a keeper.

mk8.jpg

• Like 2

Nice motor, I do like the Magnetic, keep wishing I'd gone for that myself. I'm not keen on the wing badges either - were they easy to remove?

Hey Eric. Yeah they were real easy. Bit of heat (like a hairdryer) and something that won't scratch your paint to get behind the badge. Then just pick/roll the adhesive off. Cleans up nicely too. Did the same to the Fiesta badge on the back. Don't like the way they harbour dirt and grime.

• Like 1

great looking fiesta fella and look forward to seeing the cosmetic changes you make. keep wanting to take of the st-line badge I got on the wing of my focus but look and think to my self just keep it on there lol. love the colour cleans up great to

3 hours ago, b4zz said:

keep wanting to take off the st-line badge 

20 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I'm not keen on the wing badges either

We're a funny lot - some of us would quite like to de-badge the car, while in other threads folks are adding extra badges!😀

Ford keep trying to up the "premium" aspect of their cars - maybe they should offer a full or partial de-badging option like Audi, BMW, Mercedes?

I want to wrap my fog light surrounds in a carbon fibre wrap like the ones you get from PaintModz (i can't justify spending that much money on the PaintModz version). However, i've never wrapped anything in my life so this might be too complex a shape to start with. Maybe the roof and wing mirrors first (roof black, mirrors CF) i'm thinking. Has anybody else wrapped their fog light surrounds? I'd be interested in knowing how difficult it is to do.

MK8_ST_Fog_Surrounds_480x480.jpg

Does anybody know how to change the front interior lights in the mk8 ST-Line? Ordered some red footwell lights and want to get some red bulbs to match.IMG_1813.thumb.JPG.59b2de0f266ea07e9b11cdc01114efc1.JPG

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:32 PM, Darren-mk8 said:

I want to wrap my fog light surrounds in a carbon fibre wrap like the ones you get from PaintModz (i can't justify spending that much money on the PaintModz version). However, i've never wrapped anything in my life so this might be too complex a shape to start with. Maybe the roof and wing mirrors first (roof black, mirrors CF) i'm thinking. Has anybody else wrapped their fog light surrounds? I'd be interested in knowing how difficult it is to do.

MK8_ST_Fog_Surrounds_480x480.jpg

the fog light surround would be hard to wrap with film by the looks of it. The paintmodz carbon ones seem expensive but the quality one them would be price less imo as I have bought a few bits from them for my focus and must say they are top notch products and mostly original ford items that the dip.

• Like 1

Footwell lights from CEUK installed. Very happy with them.

IMG_1826.JPG

IMG_1827.JPG

Has anybody else fitted these to their mk8?

Apparently they are supposed to go on/off with the headlights but mine are staying on permanently, even when the car is off and locked. Anybody know how i can get around this? 

liking the footwell lights fella look nice and bright

• Like 1

The new gear knob i ordered from eBay arrived today. Gutted about it. It was meant to be 'universal', i asked the seller if it will fit my car which he said 'yes'. When installing it i found it wouldn't fit correctly. It still had the spring showing as it wouldn't screw down enough. And also, the car wouldn't go into reverse gear with the knob being screwed down as far as it would go. Luckily it was only a few quid so no real loss. Have to look for another one now 😞

IMG_1829.PNG

I assume it's a lift reverse type?
How many gears?

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

38 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I assume it's a lift reverse type?
How many gears?

Indeed it is a lift for reverse type. 6 speed

That's probably your problem then, a lift reverse needs a recess in the underside of the knob for the collar to rise into.
Ford do their performance range of knobs which are real carbon fibre, I have one on my Focus ST and it's a nice solid bit of kit.

25 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Thanks for the advice. I know nothing about the technical stuff when it comes to cars.

• Like 1

Gel badge overlays arrived. Very happy with them. Although the guy i got them from didn't have the measurements for my car so i had to provide them. As a result the steering wheel overlay is about 1mm either side too short. But i'm still happy. Can't fault the quality of them at all. Highly recommend the guy to those of you thinking about getting them yourself.

The guy threw in a start button too. Not sure if i'll keep the starter button though. It's a bit sticky on the finger, only slightly. So may end up taking this off.

The company on Facebook is called Graffix 66. He does all sorts of car decals. Worth checking out.

IMG_1836.JPG

IMG_1837.JPG

IMG_1838.JPG

IMG_1839.JPG

Overall, i think badge overlays/replacements are a big improvement and almost a must.

IMG_1840.JPG

the badges look decent quality liking the red against the magnetic gray

Cheers Bazz. I've since removed the start button decal. It sticks slightly when pushed. Got annoyed with it. Going to replace the chrome in the interior with red at some point. Maybe some red pinstripe on the exterior. Next up is my calipers. Spoke to my insurance, no issue. Got all the stuff. Just need to get round to doing it.

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:54 AM, Darren-mk8 said:

Cheers Bazz. I've since removed the start button decal. It sticks slightly when pushed. Got annoyed with it. Going to replace the chrome in the interior with red at some point. Maybe some red pinstripe on the exterior. Next up is my calipers. Spoke to my insurance, no issue. Got all the stuff. Just need to get round to doing it.

sounds like you still got a few plans. that's a job I got to do at some point is paint my calipers its just a pain in the bum to do haha

Yeah, still got a bunch of plans. I've got some red tint for my front fog lights. Never wrapped anything before so decided to try something small to start. If all goes well i want to do my wing mirrors and roof. Red pinstripe arrived from eBay today so going to do that. Little bit on the front grill and rear defuser. Once i get round to doing my calipers i'll probably spray my wheels too whilst i have them off the car. My wife thinks i'm having a mid life crisis lol.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:52 PM, Darren-mk8 said:

Yeah, still got a bunch of plans. I've got some red tint for my front fog lights. Never wrapped anything before so decided to try something small to start. If all goes well i want to do my wing mirrors and roof. Red pinstripe arrived from eBay today so going to do that. Little bit on the front grill and rear defuser. Once i get round to doing my calipers i'll probably spray my wheels too whilst i have them off the car. My wife thinks i'm having a mid life crisis lol.

defo sounds like your going to be a buy man haha. might have a look on eBay for some pin striping myself.

Here's the pinstripe. I did put more on, just to see how it would look, then removed most of it. One thing that put me off buying  Black Edition Fez was the red trip around the grill. So went for a more subtle approach. Only went with 3mm wide pin stripe. Just wanted something to compliment the red Ford badge overlays.

IMG_E1911.JPG

IMG_E1913.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club