Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk8 ST-Line Feedback/Opinions

Obnoxious

Hi all, it sure has been a while. I recently have been given a mk8 Fiesta ST-Line courtesy car whilst my car is in the garage.

My first impressions weren’t so great to be honest. I find that in the manual, the gear selector is a little offset to the left (not an issue at all when using) and that the pedals are a little offset to the right. I find that your body is comfortable in the seat but your feet and neck feel a little twisted to accommodate for the offsets.

This could perhaps be my driving position, I prefer to lean back whilst also being able to depress the clutch completely.

I have also noticed a ~2 or 3 second lag from when the accelerator is completely depressed to when the car accelerates. I have the 1L EcoBoost (100PS). Has anyone else experienced anything similar in the Mk8? 😀

I didn't get on with the seat at first, but after 3/4 months it seemed to settle down and no problems since.

Pedal alignment can be a big thing for my back problem, but I have had no issues with the Mk 8 or the 2 Mk 7s we had previously. I find most BMWs are agony, though!

Not noticed a particular lag problem either, though I have the 140 version.

St line X140. No issues with ours you that have described. All the extra features make the car very pleasant and comfortable to drive.

Good job it is only a courtesy car.😄

I think it’s more of a problem with your driving position, I find it pretty spot on and nothing feels offset. 

Turbo lag is always to be expected in an Ecoboost but definitely not annoying or as long as 2-3 seconds. 

I’m guessing you probably won’t be buying one soon? 😛 

I don't seem to have any of the issues above in my mk8 ST-Line (100ps). Doesn't feel offset to me.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:12 PM, Obnoxious said:

Hi all, it sure has been a while. I recently have been given a mk8 Fiesta ST-Line courtesy car whilst my car is in the garage.

My first impressions weren’t so great to be honest. I find that in the manual, the gear selector is a little offset to the left (not an issue at all when using) and that the pedals are a little offset to the right. I find that your body is comfortable in the seat but your feet and neck feel a little twisted to accommodate for the offsets.

This could perhaps be my driving position, I prefer to lean back whilst also being able to depress the clutch completely.

I have also noticed a ~2 or 3 second lag from when the accelerator is completely depressed to when the car accelerates. I have the 1L EcoBoost (100PS). Has anyone else experienced anything similar in the Mk8? 😀

I have a MK7.5 100ps and I do notice that there is a fair bit of lag when you press the accelerator. turbos for you. once it gets going though it fine then though

The only real issues I have had have been with the quality of the dash and door cards, there is some audible rattle under acceleration that the dealer assures me is normal. 

I also had a door window motor go in the heat of summer, they're now made out of plastic so in the heat the gears warp. Had the AA come out to try and fix it and the bloke said it seems to be a real issue with the mk8. 

Overall it has been a good car so far. 

2 hours ago, DJFern94 said:

The only real issues I have had have been with the quality of the dash and door cards, there is some audible rattle under acceleration that the dealer assures me is normal. 

I also had a door window motor go in the heat of summer, they're now made out of plastic so in the heat the gears warp. Had the AA come out to try and fix it and the bloke said it seems to be a real issue with the mk8. 

Overall it has been a good car so far. 

Ford should be really disappointed with the door cards on the MK8, they rattle under acceleration, they rattle when the music is played loudly and are just generally a hard lump of plastic. Real shame as I can’t image it would have cost significantly more for slightly better quality finish especially as other brands manage to do it. Even in a “upmarket” Vignale, it’s just the lump of plastic which looks really odd as it has the purple coloured leather arm rest on it which due to the colour stands out and just looks like a stuck on accessory

3 hours ago, DJFern94 said:

I must be lucky as no rattles so far.

39 minutes ago, DG97 said:

Ford should be really disappointed with the door cards on the MK8......I can't imagine it would have cost significantly more for slightly better quality finish especially as other brands manage to do it.

They are a bit of a let down, compared to the rest of the plastics which aren't too bad. From my brief look at the VAG trio so far, the interior quality of the new A1, Polo and Ibiza seems to have taken a bit of dive - lot of hard plastics in there also. A friend of ours has a previous model A1 and the new one seems nowhere as nice inside (apart from the new digital dash if that sort of thing floats your boat).

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I must be lucky as no rattles so far.

They are a bit of a let down, compared to the rest of the plastics which aren't too bad. From my brief look at the VAG trio so far, the interior quality of the new A1, Polo and Ibiza seems to have taken a bit of dive - lot of hard plastics in there also. A friend of ours has a previous model A1 and the new one seems nowhere as nice inside (apart from the new digital dash if that sort of thing floats your boat).

In all honesty, I think nowadays, if you're looking at a "small" car such as a Fiesta, A1, Polo, the quality isn't quite as good as it could be as ultimately, the cars are built to some sort of a budget which is a shame as if Ford had really just done that little bit more with plastic quality and did enough to get rid of rattles/poor finish in places, the Fiesta would genuinely be extremely difficult to fault. 

But saying that, the A1 with a few options can actually touch on 30k and if I was daft enough to fork that out on an A1, I'd be super annoyed to find hard plastics anywhere. Same goes for the "vignale" which for all the upmarket marketing rubbish Ford tries to flog about it, is nothing more than your average Fiesta with leather seats which come in a colour that doesnt really match the interior and a nice looking grille. Which is the same story as the A1, if the vignale can cost £23-24k, I'd expect a little bit more than a purple arm rest pad stuck onto the plastic door cards. 

The digital dash I like quite a lot...apart from some of the newer ones which seem to be rectangular in corners if that makes sense.... in the VW's, even though the display is digital, the dials are circular where as on some of the Seat's and Audi's, in the corners, the temperature and fuel level gauges are spread across the entire corner in an awkward to read rectangular shape which I don't like, and I do actually think that at first, the execution of the digital dials was great, as time goes on manufacturers will try and stuff more features into them and make them either really awkward to use or too cluttered. 

You are definitely lucky if you haven't had any rattles though 😄 just as I begin to enjoy the silence in mine, the rattle just reappears...

• Like 1

Hi all, it’s been awesome to see your feedback on the car. I had to give my Fiesta Mk8 courtesy car back last week.

Initially I wasn’t super fond of it, but it sure did grow on me. It did take a while of getting used to the driving position.

Even though the car is equipped with a small turbo, it’s definitely welcome. I think the interior design is a much needed update from the mk7.5 and Android Auto/Apple CarPlay is great. I also immediately noticed the doors are lighter on the mk8, which is an improvement from the mk7. Keyless push/start is also something you eventually learn to accept and once you do, it’s hard to go back.

I would prefer more space inside a car to be honest, so a focus would probably be the next place to look. 😀

The Fiesta was fun to drive and it did make me feel young again. 😀

Regarding the turbo lag I initially mentioned, I guess that’s expected from a turbo-charged engine; but I know it performs better if you change your driving style. I noticed others have mentioned this before, this was the type of lag I was referring to: 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club