Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where to find new wiring harness parts for MK3 1.0?

0shiny1

Can someone please help me and point me in the right direction?

I'm trying to find a new wiring harness part and all my searching has just given me 'used' parts.  Is there somewhere which we can get new wiring harness parts in the UK?

I'm after part no: CM5G-9F666-BC (wiring harness for fuel injectors). 

My car has been playing up past 2 days (intermittently running on 2 cylinders, engine management light on), had AA man out this morning to read any faults and this was the report:

Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control 1 - ZA4 / Motronic MED 17.0.1P020213 - Injector cylinder 2. Error Message : Open circuit.Loss of power, found above fault, cleared but returned. Checked connections and moved wiring loom around, fault now cleared. Road tested all ok. Advised monitor. If happens again go to garage.

After he pushed the fuel injector wiring about the fault didn't come back after a test drive and the engine sounded and performed normally again, so process of elimination tells me that I need to replace this fuel injector wiring first to eliminate that.  What do you guys think and has anyone had this happen to their cars?  Any help would be much appreciated.  

This seems a bit odd, but here’s a new loom with the part number you gave in the description, but it says it’s a transmission wiring loom. Their compatibility chart shows that it’s only for the 1.0 eco boost engines, so it’s on the right track.

Link

2 hours ago, Matt92 said:

This seems a bit odd, but here’s a new loom with the part number you gave in the description, but it says it’s a transmission wiring loom. Their compatibility chart shows that it’s only for the 1.0 eco boost engines, so it’s on the right track.

Link

Thanks Matt, but I think that's the wrong part.

I'm finding plenty of used ones on the bay like this: CM5G-9F666-BC  Can't find a source for a new one though. 🙁

That’s what seemed strange to me, I put in that part number and then set it to search description and condition to new. As far as I can see, the part number is right, just the description seems wrong. 

I’ve used rates-ford before and they are helpful when you email them with a question. Send them a message and see what they say.

Thanks will send them a message and see if they can get one.  They have a lot of spares there so your link is very helpful.👍

Only new ones I've found seem to be Germany, Italy, Poland... UK suppliers are in hiding it seems like.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club