Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 08 1.4 tdci problems

Maskedmike984

Hi, please move if posted in wrong place. 

Had injector in cylinder 2 that wasn't working, replaced, new seals, oring, spacers, leak off pipes. Etc. 

All worked fine, no issues what so ever bar I had unfortunately forgotten to relighten securing ring from resonator to throttle body( yes know its a diesel so isn't called that) 

Sounded like my exhaust had started to blow, wasnt until it went into limp mode that I relooked under bonnet, noticed pipe had come away from resonator, resecured and hoped this would solve my issue. 

It didn't, car was still in limp mode. 

Re disassembled, and removed injectors, all were tar black and sticky, sent off to get ultrasonic cleaned and tested, all came back clean and fully working, re assembled again, and can't for the life of me get it started... 

Turns over fine just nothing else. 

No codes showing on odb or on dashboard diagnostic. 

Honestly got no idea if I'm missing something simple. 

Any help greatly appreciated 

Thanks. 

Ford fiesta mk6 van 1.4 tdci 08plate.

These are a bugger to get started being the 1.4 tdci. There needs to be no air in the system. Best thing is a vac pump to pull all the fuel through and prime and a good battery. Issue is sometimes this isn't enough. I've heard of people tow starting them before to get em going again. Never had to resort to this myself mind.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, bashbarnard said:

These are a bugger to get started being the 1.4 tdci. There needs to be no air in the system. Best thing is a vac pump to pull all the fuel through and prime and a good battery. Issue is sometimes this isn't enough. I've heard of people tow starting them before to get em going again. Never had to resort to this myself mind.

Have done so much googling it's unreal, read that they can be a pain to get restarted, pumped the primer bulb into solid and there's no air bubbles... Tried turning it over and nothing happens... Primer bulbs then soft, squeeze it again and there's air, which leads me to believe airs getting in somewhere. 

battery fully charged, checked fuel rail pressure on live data which is showing on my scanner as being 380psi round about, don't know what it needs to be in regards to starting. 

Engine showing as trying to turning over at 200rpm again not sure if this within parameters

Feel out of ideas... 

Was a pain to get started when I swapped the new injector in, butt this time its wore me down. 

Air leaks are super common from the pipes round the back on these. Honestly if you're stuggling just give her a tow start. Leave her running 5 mins then turn off and restart. If it doesn't run after the restart you've got a big air leak. Tow start will take 5 mins

4 hours ago, bashbarnard said:

Air leaks are super common from the pipes round the back on these. Honestly if you're stuggling just give her a tow start. Leave her running 5 mins then turn off and restart. If it doesn't run after the restart you've got a big air leak. Tow start will take 5 mins

Got it bumped started, left to run for 5 mins as u said and wouldnt restart... Stuck some easy start in and will fire up, misfire symptoms when idling, then power train light came on. 

Checked code and was p0003 fuel pressure regulator... 

So I've potentially got a leak and airs getting in, or the regulator on the fuel rail has gone dodgy?? 

Will the dodgy regulator cause what sounds like misfires and non starting of the key thanks. 

Sounds like air leak if she fired and ran ok on a bump man. The pipes on the back are super common. They come as one unit. Can buy them cheap on eBay. Not saying that's where it is without looking. But it's most common

Wouldn't say ran ok, but started and had power just noticeable on idle it was misfiring.... 

So touch wood then it's the low pressure fuel lines that are knackered and letting air in. 

Will order some new lines off Ford Monday and touch would they come and vans all sorted ready for Tuesday when I need it. 

Thanks for your help, will respond if it cures my issues. 

If it's misfiring when idle is it just one cylinder or multiple. One means injector multiple could be air or regulator.

Misfiring on just cylinder 2, not enough for it to register any fault codes at the minute. 

Tried disconnecting injectors one by one and when got to cylinder 2 and disconnected the misfiring sound disappeared. 

Could it be that this injector is leaking off too much?? 

Enough that it would cause potentially the rail pressure to fluctuate. 

Or if the internals are getting stuck once its fired up, would that be enough to register as a p0003

Thanks

If it's just one cylinder. It's likely to be injector. Swap it round for another one and see I the cylinder misfire moves. If it does. Dead injector

• 2 weeks later...

Gave up and took it to a garage... After they replaced the dead injector. No more misfire but it still won't start without easy start 

Fuel lines with bulb have also been replaced, new leak off pipes, new fuel filter as well. 

Still same problem, all injectors have minimal diesel leaking off... 

Yet still won't start, honestly don't know what else to try anymore 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club