Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hey guys n gals. Im bash

bashbarnard

So this is an unexpected forum join. Ive been about the PSA world of forums for a long time. About a year or so ago i bought a mk6 TDCI and really enjoyed it. Wasnt modified in any way which is fairly unusual for me. 

FB_IMG_1527234231305.thumb.jpg.b74d513476ac18e60a1a73a559fccff6.jpg

I used to build high powerd diesel machines for a long time. I had a 306 estate with the 406 2.1 xud11, merc gt2052s and custom built pump from me pushing around 200hp. 

IMG_1406.thumb.PNG.774b2b8905b9dd034d9c0d475f6ad1e0.PNG11535667_489060497911239_2797705807183988791_n.thumb.jpg.9820670088b977561314733b3c994da9.jpg

I built a few other engines dependant on what was about at the time then bought a hdi estate that i used to also race for a while. 

IMG_0532.thumb.JPG.b5f3fb628cd38431a07ea71fa61c373b.JPG

The yellow wheels were for track use only. 

As you can probably tell Im a big fan of the "sleeper" look. I like my cars to look unsuspecting and sound as standard as possible. Then race on track and embarrass a few things. Its always fun and has put a smile on my face for years. 

Recently various things have happened that stopped me doing a lot of this stuff. Im now getting back to racing again and decided it was time to try something a bit different as the 306 IMO was the last good peugeot they made. 

Which leads me onto this. I wanted a new daily that i could race and drive around the local b roads with a smile on my face. I was looking into buying a mk6 st150 for about 6 months when one came up cheap in my area with "runnin issues" One to like a bit of a gamble on a car a deal was struck and it arrived on the back of a transporter after a quick view to mine. A friend of mine had one of these and i was always intrigued. So i welcome you to my first "fast" ford. 

1287563961_IMG_20190422_193721(3).thumb.jpg.29d00b6838260fb9ee1d133ecc42518c.jpg

Plans are Make it look pretty much standard and enjoy racing again. Hope to come to some meets and events this year. Hopefully find my way round a new forum and start a project thread. 

• Like 1

306s FTW. :wink:  I don't usually post on introduction threads but better make an exception for this one... :tongue: 

How did you cure the running issues on the ST btw?  I never did find a (free) cure for the bouncing idle on my one, new throttle body would've been the next step but obviously not cheap.

The running issue was caused by a throttle body issue. Didn't even buy a new one. A guy from local to me.on one of the Facebook groups upgraded his and had one with 55k on it. I offered £20 he said yes. Done the usual pcm reset whacked it on. After a drive no more stalling out.

Also yeah 306s are awesome motors. I used to be a mod on 306oc untill a personal disagreement with an admin.
I'd been playing with them for about 10 years untill this. Not much I can't tell you about them now [emoji23]

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bashbarnard said:

The running issue was caused by a throttle body issue. Didn't even buy a new one. A guy from local to me.on one of the Facebook groups upgraded his and had one with 55k on it. I offered £20 he said yes. Done the usual pcm reset whacked it on. After a drive no more stalling out.

Also yeah 306s are awesome motors. I used to be a mod on 306oc untill a personal disagreement with an admin.
I'd been playing with them for about 10 years untill this. Not much I can't tell you about them now emoji23.png

Ah yeah, nice easy fix then!  As if you hadn't guessed who I am from my name on here... :tongue: 

IMG_20160713_171114907.thumb.jpg.fee20e42bf935f9d9ddcda09d9014b19.jpg

Picture of me. ,[emoji23] Working on an st. Hmm. I did wonder but your join date didn't add up

Ps you're one of the reasons I bought what I did [emoji23][emoji23]

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bashbarnard said:

Picture of me. ,emoji23.png Working on an st. Hmm. I did wonder but your join date didn't add up

Lol, I can't believe that was nearly 3 years ago! :laugh:  Seeing your PB ST150 pop up on Facebook made me want another lol...I see yours has got full leathers though!

Yeah I joined up late 2014, that's when I bought the Mk2.5 Focus. 

• Like 1

Yeah full heated leathers. I'll start a project thread if I can figure the forum out. It's been played worth a lot.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club