Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bashs ST 150 daily and track use.

bashbarnard

So. Hey in bash. Some of you may have seen me in the newbies section.

This is my st 150 I've just bought. Plans are to remove almost all the aftermarket bits I don't like. Get her to run better and use her daily and as a track car when I have the time.

This is how she now sits on the black wheels. They're 15s 195/50/15 the tyres are cheaper and easier to get gripper ones in. Hence the wheel swap.

When it came to me me it wouldn't idle at all. A £20 throttle body on her and she now idles. Rough. But idles. I need to get the idle sorted. The previous previous owner had put a silicon on the pcv so it's not that. So any ideas will be appreciated.

Im Suffolk based and a friendly guy. Been in the motor trade 14 years. If anyone wants to come say hi I normally try and sort a drive out for a breakfast once a month with a few friends. b0577f3747089769b47710dedefc74ce.jpg8a9412aadb3ed2b2f0235f0732ee5172.jpg

• Like 2

hi and welcome looks a nice tidy fiesta you got there. liking the black alloys they suite the car well. look forward to seeing the updates as you progress along

Looks like a clean yolk. I'd love one to just fire about the place in :laughing:

Thanks guys. The alloys really need a re paint asap. I was gonna go white and get the standard headlamps back in when someone will trade me a set.

Shes a very clean car, just gotta get the idle issues figures out. She now idles but it's Lumpy. She didn't used to even idle with old throttle body

I was gonna remove the loud exhaust and replace with a standard system. Wihoutj the resonator.

19 hours ago, bashbarnard said:

Thanks guys. The alloys really need a re paint asap. I was gonna go white and get the standard headlamps back in when someone will trade me a set.

Shes a very clean car, just gotta get the idle issues figures out. She now idles but it's Lumpy. She didn't used to even idle with old throttle body

Could it be something as easy as spark plugs?  Or maybe a dodgey connection from the HT lead, or coil pack, whichever way they are set up?  Bad fuel even?  I would go down those avenues first, then push on to the more serious end.

Could it be something as easy as spark plugs?  Or maybe a dodgey connection from the HT lead, or coil pack, whichever way they are set up?  Bad fuel even?  I would go down those avenues first, then push on to the more serious end.
Oh I intend to. I've got a full service kit on order from my local parts place already. Then we will go from there. Thanks for the advice. [emoji16]
  • Like 1

So while at work this week, I had a quick look into the Pas leak that this had that seemed odd. Seemed to be leaking around the pump but only after a journey. All the moving about stationery not a drop. I believed these had an issue with Pas overheating due to location but I was still sure it wasn't this. Would do it even driven sensible as hell. So I pulled the resivour off and replaced the o ring as I've got hundreds on the shelf. Turns out that was the fault. 30 mins fix for free. Always a good thing.

On a side note as well. The economy is absolutely horrid on this thing. Im getting as estimated 25 currently driving at 60 and behind lorries. I bought the vehicle believing I could get low to mid 30s as per almost every mpg thread I come across. Obviously something's not right. Im gonna service it this weekend. If it's still crappy then I'll try a lambda probe.
No brake bind or anything daft. Been round the lot.

I also took a picture [emoji23] do love his car bf5954aff94c1818ccc96f68fc4c1292.jpg

• Like 1

This literally just turned up as well. Genuine unit with very low miles on it. Means I can drive without my ears bleeding [emoji23]7ad58918a9cce4dcd01b828b186c9940.jpg

4 minutes ago, bashbarnard said:

This literally just turned up as well. Genuine unit with very low miles on it. Means I can drive without my ears bleeding emoji23.png7ad58918a9cce4dcd01b828b186c9940.jpg

What's on there at the minute?  I really liked the rasp of the Milltek de-res on mine! :biggrin: 

What's on there at the minute?  I really liked the rasp of the Milltek de-res on mine! [emoji3] 
It's a powerflow back box with no resonator. It sounds awesome on full chat and coming down through the gears but sadly this isn't where it spends 90% of its time. I may keep the back box and swap out for shows but I can't be dealing with it every day. I do a fair milage.

Man this things killing me on fuel. I do 500 miles a week. I've already out two tanks in her in the last 7 days [emoji23]

Will look forward to this build. Have a mk6 fiesta zetec s myself. 

Does the car have a pas fluid relocation kit on it? These cars like to boil the pas fluid as its right next to the engine causing the fluid to go black and possibly damaging the bits. You can either get a relocation kit or I think a cooler which the mondeo had with the same engine. 

I'd love to get those devil eye headlights 😊

5 minutes ago, bashbarnard said:

Man this things killing me on fuel. I do 500 miles a week. I've already out two tanks in her in the last 7 days emoji23.png

Tbf it's only a tiny tank! :laugh:  I was getting over 300 miles to a tank though...  Do you do a lot of driving at 70?  The gearbox is designed for B road bashing, it's just loud and thirsty at 70+!  One of my biggest complaints about the car was not having a 6th gear for cruising.

I do hell n all milage at 70. I got about 270 last tank. I drive 30 miles round commute. The 70 miles once a week. Plus every weekend I do 100 plus miles for various reasons. That's not including all the trips out in the evenings to see mates or.do stuff like private work.

24 minutes ago, bashbarnard said:

I do hell n all milage at 70. I got about 270 last tank. I drive 30 miles round commute. The 70 miles once a week. Plus every weekend I do 100 plus miles for various reasons. That's not including all the trips out in the evenings to see mates or.do stuff like private work.

Hmm, not ideal then, reckon you could fit an LPG conversion? :wink: 

I could easily fit an log conversion. Im actually a qualified tech to do so. Used to deal with them back in the day. However I have other plans that will become apparent. This isn't sustainable.
  • Like 1

Does the car have a pas fluid relocation kit on it? These cars like to boil the pas fluid as its right next to the engine causing the fluid to go black and possibly damaging the bits. You can either get a relocation kit or I think a cooler which the mondeo had with the same engine. 
I'd love to get those devil eye headlights [emoji4]
No Pas relocation kit. Im still finding it strange in the ford world. Everyone buys stuff to make things work. No one actually builds things from scratch. Im sure I could.knock something up fairly quick for.cheap if it ever become a problem. Or just knock the 1.6 tdcis e Pas pump. All the bolts already there. Pulled off a breaker. Job done. No longer an issue.

3 minutes ago, bashbarnard said:
53 minutes ago, zain611 said:
I'd love to get those devil eye headlights emoji4.png

No Pas relocation kit. Im still finding it strange in the ford world. Everyone buys stuff to make things work. No one actually builds things from scratch. Im sure I could.knock something up fairly quick for.cheap if it ever become a problem. Or just knock the 1.6 tdcis e Pas pump. All the bolts already there. Pulled off a breaker. Job done. No longer an issue.

Would the electric PAS pump fit in 2 litre? I have the 1.6 TDCI engine and did notice the steering felt lighter compared to my previous car which was a small Peugeot 107 which didn't have electric pas. There was someone selling their ST500 on the forum who did the LPG conversion. Makes me wonder if it's worth it getting a mk6 ST with running costs aren't great 

The e Pas pump would just fit behind the headlight with the bracket and you'd have to buy the pipes off a 1.6 tdci. But it would work. I'd presonally put a focus pump on it. Same pump but £30 rather than £150 second hand. It's what I replaced myblast one with when it went wrong. Resivour is different but meh [emoji23].

1 hour ago, bashbarnard said:
1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I could easily fit an log conversion. Im actually a qualified tech to do so. Used to deal with them back in the day. However I have other plans that will become apparent. This isn't sustainable.

Even you can't make this run on veg... :tongue: 

• Like 1

Even you can't make this run on veg... :tongue: 
Yeah I think I'd struggle. Im good. But not that good [emoji23]. I've done a few more veg burners for people and am.still.involved heavily in that side of things. Just obviously not on the old forum. I help maintain 2 or 3 veg burners in various states of tune. A couple.even have custom pumps off me on.
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 1:21 PM, bashbarnard said:

The economy is absolutely horrid on this thing. Im getting as estimated 25 currently driving at 60 and behind lorries. I bought the vehicle believing I could get low to mid 30s as per almost every mpg thread I come across. Obviously something's not right. Im gonna service it this weekend. If it's still crappy then I'll try a lambda probe.
No brake bind or anything daft. Been round the lot.

That doesn't sound right to me either. I used to have the 2.0 Focus with the same engine and got 35+. Hopefully you'll find something to make it better.

You also noted above that the car is rough on idle... mine was quite rattly at low revs until I had a Terraclean done and it made it as smooth as new.

So went to a meet up today in Clacton. Ford on the fairway. 2e4f90354d18ba4203c8f12885a1aad5.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club