Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bashs ST 150 daily and track use.

bashbarnard

Picked up. Will be stripped for all the bits then bin the axle it's self. 9c1eb626713e248aa30dd6cbf7c1985d.jpg

• Like 2

Just be careful removing the parts. When I removed one of the hubs one of the bolts snapped off. 

Just be careful removing the parts. When I removed one of the hubs one of the bolts snapped off. 
This one has recently been disassembled painted everything and reassembled. Everything is copper slipped on it. New discs and pads, new handbrake cables. Got a Billy bargin again at £80 the dam discs and pads costs almost that [emoji23][emoji23]
  • Like 1

Done the rear brake conversion from drums to discs this afternoon. Took hour and a half. Man these things are easy to work on [emoji23]. Didn't fit complete axle. Removed all relevant components from the st one. Scrapped st axle. Fitted all relevant components to my axle while on vehicle. I'd take pictures but the disc is all surface rusty. So I'll have a few drives then take a picture [emoji23][emoji23]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bashbarnard said:

Done the rear brake conversion from drums to discs this afternoon. Took hour and a half. Man these things are easy to work on emoji23.png. Didn't fit complete axle. Removed all relevant components from the st one. Scrapped st axle. Fitted all relevant components to my axle while on vehicle. I'd take pictures but the disc is all surface rusty. So I'll have a few drives then take a picture emoji23.pngemoji23.png

How on earth. It took half a day when I did mine 😂. Did you notice the improvement in braking? 

How on earth. It took half a day when I did mine [emoji23]. Did you notice the improvement in braking? 
Impact tools, 2 post ramps, pressure bleeder, 13 years in the motor trade. Im a fast worker. I also cleared 9.5 hours work today in 7 hours so I could get these done [emoji23].

Yes the brake is a lot firmer and also more progressive. Not sure if that makes sense to you. Also I used your guide as well, looked at it beforehand.

Ask Tom on here. He knows what I work like [emoji23][emoji23]
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Working on a Saturday? I remember those days. Lol 

9.5 in 7hrs , bonus for that? 

Working on a Saturday? I remember those days. Lol 
9.5 in 7hrs , bonus for that? 
No my bonus works on money the company gets so we never earn. I also get moaned at about it constantly. I hate bonus schemes.

I used to hate bonus schemes as it promotes bad workmanship/ cutting corners etc. But the bonus scheme I'm on at present is a real winner this year due to the easy  work I've been doing. I'm at time in my life when I don't want to do all the smashing and bashing/ getting dirt jobs,heavy lifting. I'm milking the system , get 2.2 hrs to do a 35 min job. One after another. £2k bonus last month and no saturdays.never get moaned at, go as fast or slow as you want. I do get some diagnosis my way as I'm the only one capable to sort it out. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not a lot has really happened apart from I gave her a clean. Really need to find someone local who will wet vac my seats as they basically all have some description of mark on them. Apart from that really happy with the car. Just needs a bit more power now. I reckon I'll most likely put a clutch in her first. Then a turbo on it.
Plan for next month is buy a new sump knock the sump plug recess out so it actually drains all the oil. Get that fitted and check the strainer. Month after clutch. Month after that gtc1244vz and map. I reckon that'll do her. I've been trying to find somewhere local ISH I can track day her this year in its current form. Even a 20 minute session would do me. But struggling to find anything at a reasonable price. I'm not paying £239 [emoji23]e2e6e0880973a2042b032a768a56a2cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bashbarnard said:

Not a lot has really happened apart from I gave her a clean. Really need to find someone local who will wet vac my seats as they basically all have some description of mark on them. Apart from that really happy with the car. Just needs a bit more power now. I reckon I'll most likely put a clutch in her first. Then a turbo on it.
Plan for next month is buy a new sump knock the sump plug recess out so it actually drains all the oil. Get that fitted and check the strainer. Month after clutch. Month after that gtc1244vz and map. I reckon that'll do her. I've been trying to find somewhere local ISH I can track day her this year in its current form. Even a 20 minute session would do me. But struggling to find anything at a reasonable price. I'm not paying £239 emoji23.pnge2e6e0880973a2042b032a768a56a2cd.jpg

Is that the 110hp turbo? Probably good to put the 110hp injectors on also to help 👍 

No not the 110 turbo. I hate that thing. [emoji1787] It's the 115 turbo off the dv5s or new 1.5 engines. They'll do 144 hp but torque everywhere. Almost direct fit. It already has the higher flowing 110s in. Matched the codes up [emoji108]

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not much has really happened to the car. Just been enjoying it while it's working as it should. I do have a small update though. I'm booked on my first auto solo race ever on the 20th of October. In this. Which will be interesting 7f382be4c7826f7bccb11fc104a6461b.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Race day tomorrow. All cleaned. One other fiesta also enterd. St150 Mk6 so.should be interesting comparing times. If I don't come dead last. I'll count it as a successful day. af488ccac35c19c7ef32e2d0860d8a0f.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 6:37 PM, bashbarnard said:

Race day tomorrow. All cleaned. One other fiesta also enterd. St150 Mk6 so.should be interesting comparing times. If I don't come dead last. I'll count it as a successful day. af488ccac35c19c7ef32e2d0860d8a0f.jpg

Will be interesting to see the difference between you and the ST

So race day has been and gone. I didn't come last which was my main aim. [emoji23].
Auto solo. Lot harder than track driving. The fiesta is not made for it. Well this one. In fact the main issue of the day was the ePAS it didn't react fast enough and kept going stiff due to the high demand on it. The guys there purposefully don't run this system for the exact reason.
By the end of the day I was about 3 seconds slower than the ST on a tight course lasting around 50 seconds a run. This is a huge difference on these courses. The main issue was the pas. Having to go wide to allow the steering to keep working.
I've decided it was such good fun that me and a friend are joint buying a small jap thing to race in next year's season. All he Yaris, sirions, Ignis sports etc were ***** most people. They're light, full electronic steering and the gearing is mainly leave in second and Kane it.
Interestingly it was mostly standard cars there. I now know why. The courses are rough as hell and I felt bad for my fiesta. I got a couple of scratches from 1 event. So I need a.second vechile for this

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hit a pot hole last night. Definitely bent a wheel. I think I've also snapped a spring. I'll get it on a ramp during the course of today and give it a look over. Means it'll be on its 3rd set of wheels now. [emoji23]. Ford make ***** wheels.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah ***** my wheel. Does anyone know if 16 inch steelies exist? d25fdc626d04e2274b5dd1d149554cb6.jpg691501766d197e9f6441484dcd494b70.jpg

• Sad 1

Doubt you'll find a 4 stud 16" Ford Steel, the Mondeo's had them but they were 5 stud.  PSA steels must fit though?  Just depends if you can get the offset close enough!

They do some 16s off the eco sport. Has a look earlier. Rocking horse ***** though. The pug fitment ones will indeed fit. 10mm more poke than I have now though and I don't think that I can get away with it.

One of my wheels I believe is buckled. Getting bad steering wheel vibrations when doing 70mph. There's a tire place which told me they might be able to fix it with weights. 

• 3 weeks later...

I did buy a new set of wheels btw. Slow updates due to you know. Life n stuff.
Starter motors gone I think. Anyone know the compatibly against the PSA stuff. As in the 207 1.6 hdi starter the same. I'm assuming they are. Only difference I could think may be the flywheel16f564a41e7ef8e144fb998c8ca41623.jpg

• Like 1

One of my wheels I believe is buckled. Getting bad steering wheel vibrations when doing 70mph. There's a tire place which told me they might be able to fix it with weights. 
Man that sucks. Sometimes the wheels are scrap like mine. Sometimes they can get away with a balance.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So a couple of things have happened. My life currently is mental so updates and forum use are at an all time low. Ive had a couple of issues recently. The thermostat housing leaking coolant. Fixed this and my starter motor went. Also fixed this. Apart from this it's so far been a great car. I've also been quoted a decent premium with brentacre this year again as usual. Great company and highly recommend. Got a further 30hp increase on the policy and £40 cheaper than last year's cost. Meaning in the coming months I'll be installing a gtc1244vz and I'm hoping a standard clutch will be ok with the correct map. It's my daily drive and I've had paddle clutch's in the past and in my opinion aren't nice for daily driving. So if I have to sacrifice a little toque for it I will happily do so. Plan is to keep it super drivable and more powerful this year, decided to push and book a couple of track days and autosolos as they come up when I'm off and also planning a trip to Germany in may, which has been a dream of mine since I heard about the ring.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

N/s/f calliper seized on way to work. Pulled apart. Cleaned up and got myself going again. Rebuild kit ordered as the st170 callipers are £100 a piece. Still trying to find a GOOD turbo unit. Not had much luck with VNTs ever. So I'm very cautiosly trying to find a good second hand unit local that I can fully inspect myself. I also have a Chinese 110 unit sitting about in my shed brand-new done about 50 miles before I took it off my 207.
As it wasn't calibrated properly. So I might send that away to get rebuilt with better parts. Any thoughts on this?

• Like 1