Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bashs ST 150 daily and track use.

bashbarnard

Ah, I know the cheap handles are generally crap but to be snapping cables as well seems mad lol!  Genuine handles are so expensive I don't think I'd risk it, unless you still know any Ford techs that could get a discount! 
306 seats were everywhere a few years ago, I binned several sets of half leathers as I couldn't even give them away!! [emoji23]  Trouble with Mk6 seats is that the handles are all broken, or about to break even if you could find another ZS seat in the same colour.  Seems a lot of hassle to swap for ST170 seats but probably cheaper in the long run.
Not sure which way I'd go tbh!
Well this is it isn't it. Like what do I do. Buy another set of seats? Rx8, st170, st225? Wouldn't even know where to begin. I like these seats but the unreliability of them is bad.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I quite like this idea. 1f419f50484140a43cdf6cc11e6cb0a5.jpg

• Like 1

Have we got anyone on the forum who is fairly knowledgeable about the dv5 and dv6 engines. I looked into building up a fresh dv6 engine but done have anywhere to do a long term build with it. However the dv5 is essentially the same with an 8v head. From my reckoning to get these to runs requires the crank sensor, which the the same on both models. The cam sensor which I think is the same on both models, injectors which can be terminated at the plug. It's just an electrical pulse at end of the day for driving those. Then for me map and inlet air temp which is easy to sort on a new engine. The reason I say this is for a decent rebuild on a dv6 is going to cost me a little more than low milage dv5 engine. I've seen them with as little as 10k on and 20-30k ones are really easy to find as well. Currently considering swapping the full lump. Unsure at the moment. Can't see a reason why it shouldn't work.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Made the annual trip down to Padstow and back last week. Fully loaded two kids and 2 adults. Second time the vehicles done it. Clocked 400 miles and still had quarter tank in her. Behaved wonderful and nice having the turbo for lots of noise round the twisty lanes. I've fully outgrown this now. I love this car but with two kids it's getting ridiculous over the weekends and long trips to sit in the car comfortably. I reckon it'll be going at some.point in the near future. Whoever gets it will have a cracking little car that's for sure.

• Like 1

Broke the fiesta. Standard issue. New one on order. Hopefully will be here by weekend. 1c00c49f94ee0b84cc930e96e5b24a1f.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There's a guy in one of the projects here who did up his DV6. His name is TRD/XTR. Something like that 

• 8 months later...

So it's been a while since I've updated this really. Cars still going strong. Still an awesome little machine. Just had it moted. But alas it's time to let it go. I thought I'd put it up here first to get an idea of what it's worth and offer it out to any forum members first. 

• Like 1

Sure you can ask about £1500+

I put it up for £1200. In the end. The car doesn't owe me much. I'd much rather it go as a whole than break it down for parts. I've got someone coming to look at it on Wednesday next week. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club