bashbarnard

Bashs ST 150 daily and track use.

Recommended Posts

Then today I got it resprayed and did a full engine conversion to a dv6. 979e9d2e53ee523fa0972f82091f9c8b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Lol, well that didn't last long!  Or are you keeping the ST for weekends/track?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is my st


Anyways I out three full tanks in last week. I swapped for this. Let face it. Me without a diesel is a little wierd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 5:46 PM, bashbarnard said:

Then today I got it resprayed and did a full engine conversion to a dv6. 979e9d2e53ee523fa0972f82091f9c8b.jpg

What!! did you? 🤔😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:59 PM, bashbarnard said:

Anyways I out three full tanks in last week. I swapped for this. Let face it. Me without a diesel is a little weird

Disappointing tbh. 😛  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a little background on me might explain this. Im a diesel head at heart anyhow and with my stupid milage and commute, plus how cheap I got the at. This made sense.
Every diesel I've ever owned I've done something stupid to it. Ranging from big engines conversions, to engine configurations that shouldn't exsist right through to Bosch ve conversions on common rail models. Tom has known me a while and has actually lent a hand in a few in the past.

Basically in the guy who does crazy ***** to diesels that shouldn't be done. I also raced them as well.

"Oh but the petrols so much better because of xyz"

Yeah well screw everyone my diesels always end up being faster than the quickest petrol models in the range. Bare with. Trust me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bashbarnard said:

So a little background on me might explain this. Im a diesel head at heart anyhow and with my stupid milage and commute, plus how cheap I got the at. This made sense.
Every diesel I've ever owned I've done something stupid to it. Ranging from big engines conversions, to engine configurations that shouldn't exsist right through to Bosch ve conversions on common rail models. Tom has known me a while and has actually lent a hand in a few in the past.

Basically in the guy who does crazy ***** to diesels that shouldn't be done. I also raced them as well.

"Oh but the petrols so much better because of xyz"

Yeah well screw everyone my diesels always end up being faster than the quickest petrol models in the range. Bare with. Trust me. emoji108.png

You can check out my build thread for any ideas since you have the same car as me now 👍. Could get a hdi tuning map done on it. 

_20190405_222521.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hdi tuning are the ones that normally map mine if I can't. But for this I want to learn edc16 if possible. I can map edc15 myself. It's another thing to learn. If not. Hdi tuning will be my guys. Steve's a pro.
I'll have a look at the tread man and see what's happening. Always love a good build thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also just to add this will be going "stage 1" quote unquote. When I have some cash. Won't be staying like it Hough. I've already got my eye on a turbo setup I wanna use that hasn't been done before. Gt2052s. It's what ive used before. Reliable cheap and good for 200.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bashbarnard said:

Also just to add this will be going "stage 1" quote unquote. When I have some cash. Won't be staying like it Hough. I've already got my eye on a turbo setup I wanna use that hasn't been done before. Gt2052s. It's what ive used before. Reliable cheap and good for 200.

Will be interesting to see if the plan goes ahead. I'm thinking of getting the stage 1 remap done by Steve so 30hp+ and around 70nm+ however only issue I have is that ULEZ charge the London mayor wants to bring to the whole city in 2021 which might sadly make me forcefully sell my car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a couple of years enjoy it I say. I live in the sticks so they won't be putting any enforcement on us. I need the car to get places and food

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also highly recommend the stage 1 from Steve. My 207 has that map. Really impressed with power delivery and drivability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a small update.
She got beat with the lowering stick. It looks and feels much better now. 35mm nothing major. Took an entire 50 mins to change all four. So easy job with Ramps and air tools.

On a side note. I can't see a single fiesta diesel engine conversion anywhere. Im wondering why. What does the fiesta share it's engine compartment with.

Like the 205 has the same engine mount configuration as the 306,305,zx,bx,405 for example.

Why hasn't anyone wedged a 2 litre HDI in one yet. They're cracking engines capable of mass power specially with the 16 v head. Easy to control as well.

Im from a PSA background btw hence the knowledge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Engine size youd know the 2.0 HDI will fit as the ST has a 2 litre. Does all the extra components fit with it? 

It's hard for me to tell from the picture the ride height due to the darkness but it must sit nicely now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see the 16v 2.0 HDi fitting in the Mk6 bay.  The ST150 engine is already a tight squeeze but it's got no turbo or boost pipes to try and shoehorn in as well, I'm pretty sure it's a shorter engine too.  Then you've got the trouble of which gearbox to use as the 6 speed won't fit.

You can get mental power from the DV6, I'd say modifying that would be better than chucking a boat anchor up front and ruining the handling!

As for bay sharing, I don't think anything non-Ford shares a buy with the Mk6.  The Fusion does but has the same engine choices.  The Mazda 2 may share the bay but that never came with anything bogger than the DV6 either.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll probably .of this one to be fair. It was just an idea. Seems wierd. New car brand to me. It'll get a stage 1 for now till I can build up some bits. Got a spare Mani sitting about to fab up a turbo on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bashbarnard said:

I'll probably .of this one to be fair. It was just an idea. Seems wierd. New car brand to me. It'll get a stage 1 for now till I can build up some bits. Got a spare Mani sitting about to fab up a turbo on.

You can get close to 200bhp and 400Nm with the DV6, it's really not worth the extra weight and hassle of the 2.0 engine!  :biggrin: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could put a hybrid turbo, 110 injectors, intercooler and free up the exhaust for more power. I'm sure STs won't keep up then plus your spending a lot less on fuel and only £30 tax 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gtd1244v hybrid from HDI tuning is 175hp. But that's bolt on. Bolt one cheating I like dabbing my own and making it work to prove a point. Really need to learn to map edc16 I can only map edc15 at the moment. Maybe now's the time to learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.