Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bashs ST 150 daily and track use.

bashbarnard
聽Share

Put hybrid turbo bits in that turbo [emoji6]
I don't think I have the funds to be honest. Not that I wouldn't like to. Definitely needs more poke now. I love this car but reliability is key. I'd love a td25 hybrid so I don't have vnt. But cost.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So I've booked the time off work now for the ring trip. Super excited never been. It's in late may. If any members want to come let me know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A td025 hybrid has come up for 拢400 still to expensive for me. If you were me. What turbo would you use.
Td025 hybrid
Gt1544v
Gtd1244vz

• Like 1

***** it. Bought a gtd1244vz better be ***** good

• Like 1

Also just to add it so it's public. The 3.1 bar map sensor that's currently used for many upgrades is sold on by many online outlets as a tuning part. It's not. It's an OEM unit. The part number is 079800-7661, eBay it it'll bring up the correct choice.

• Like 1

What a great read from start to finish. Needs a title change but apart from that. I'm going to get me a fiesta.... 200bhp you say?

• Like 1

Not on this turbo. I'm trying to keep it reliable. Will be around 150 mark. Yeah needs a title change. No idea how to do it though. It's a great little car and I'm just trying to make it as good as it can be while maintaining drivability as this is also my daily.

Yeah well it's way more fun to drive already than the at I had. The st wasn't nearly as torqey or as responsive. That was 150hp but it was never 150 till it got to about 6k. She flew then.

The gtd12 I managed to get came off a crash damaged Mondeo. Rear ender. 12k on the clock. The turbos essentially new.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So small update. Ordered kess V2 today for mine and a few other cars I'm currently working on as well. Bought the map sensor and the boost piping, just gotta buy a banjo bolt from ford now and we should be chooching. Hoping the clutch will hold if not I'm another 拢300 down n all [emoji23]. So far all in will be less than 拢500 and with a car like this I don't think it's that bad for a reliable turbo upgrade. Plus it's been 5 years since I last had a fast car so I'm looking forward to this being something I've built my self again. I've also purchased front brake rebuild kit for the st170 callipers. The one I unseized has been doing fine but with the ring trip fast approaching I want it right.

On another note the 205 I'm going with the turbo setup is almost sorted. Gt2052s mated to the original manifold, clocked and Tig welded a vband on for the exhaust to be connected. My mate does technical drawings for a living so he made a perfect plate for it all to work. I think it's one of the cleanest aftermarket turbo setups I've ever been involved in building.

Also I made some ribs today. Totally not relevant but extremely tasty. 2647d8c5d64d21c07bcc8fa26d8d4923.jpge90937436df5e91cabd091f92a0f744b.jpg

• Like 1

One final thing. I still don't have a workshop so almost all work is done without a ramp on my drive or my mates drive now.

• Like 1

So how on earth do I change the title of my project thread?

Go back to the first post and hit edit, that allows you to change the thread title. :smile:

Go back to the first post and hit edit, that allows you to change the thread title. smile.png

Obviously only on a pc. I'll have to do that.

9 minutes ago, bashbarnard said:

Obviously only on a pc. I'll have to do that.

Works fine on a phone, just not on ***** Tapatalk! :tongue:

Screenshot_20200307-162447.thumb.png.bb3b65ba2f5ba17b073136fb1cd4c44d.png

Works fine on a phone, just not on ***** Tapatalk! tongue.png
Screenshot_20200307-162447.thumb.png.bb3b65ba2f5ba17b073136fb1cd4c44d.png
Can't seem to find the button on my phone to edit. Seems strange. I'm sure it'll be on the laptop though when I get 5 mins to myself. Lots of work and commitments on currently.

A small update though. Set kess V2 up last night and tried to pull the map to send to hdi tuning and all I'm getting is protocol not found. Which seems very strange, I'm sure it's all setup correctly as all you have to do is unzip a file and install a driver. Tried for a while gave up last night. All I'm missing from getting this done now is a banjo bolt that imma buy from Peugeot as the ford dealer here seems very off about which banjo it is. At least that way I can use service box get the part number myself and order it so I know it's correct. I've promised Joe I won't put this turbo on till his cars done some I'm currently trying to get his done as well. Almost all of the 205 is done now. It's literally at the fitting to the car stage now. I may get time tonight.

• Like 2

Not really.much to say currently. I'm in isolation as I've got a.cough and my work college caught the ***** that's going round. So heres a picture of my car that I want to put a turbo on but currently can't. b7a47ec2543b39bf4ff00c5ea9f220e0.jpg

• Like 1

@bashbarnard best to be safe for the moment. Hopefully you haven't caught it however drink a lot of fluids and I heard to keep away from ibuprofen.聽

So I got the dreaded letter, I'm at risk and I should stay in for twelve weeks with zero face to face contact. Don't really know what to do with myself. Wish I had a workshop could really crack some bits out on the car then. [emoji23]

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I haven't driven this in weeks now. Started it up the other day to keep battery charged. Sort of loosing the love right now. Think I need to get the turbo done and on that way I can enjoy it some more. But I can't afford to map it till this is over incase I need the money as I'm currently off work.

Also seat cables, need to do one side. Any suggestions on where to get some reasonable cables? Or is it worth just buying some st seats [emoji23]

Last thing is are there any projects out there for the Mk6 tdci that could get me re motivated. By projects I mean daily driven jobs. Not hey look I made 300bhp for a week. You know which one I'm on about [emoji23]

• Haha 1

Took the rear arch liners out yesterday and binned. They were completely ruined and basically falling off. Removed the rear bumper to find out why it was loose. Turns out it had 1 bolt holding it on. I've repaired all the parts and nut and bolted the bumper on. It's now secure again which is great.

I'm on a crusade to try and regain enthusiasm for this car. I figure out if I keep working on it I'll eventually gain it back. So I ordered the seat cable and the tilt mechanism to fix the passenger seats. Was going to put at ones in but these are the same without an at badge so didn't see the point. I do need to clean these though. Any ideas how to clean without a wet vac

I've got all the bits to out the gtd1244vz on coming. Kess arrives this week as well so I can get the map over to his tuning. Dam turbo better be worth the money [emoji23]

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club