Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Bodykit

smr

9 hours ago, smr said:

Think I'll fit them one by one with the front first, cheapest i can find is £170 at the moment which isnt far off brand new price at £250.

I don't know anything about bodyshop prices - if I buy a second hand one with marks and scratches / dents etc. that'll add to the cost on top of painting wont it? Compared to if I gave a bodyshop a brand new one and all they had to do is paint it? 

Meaning if I can't find cheaper than £170 second hand I may as well go for the brand new one?

To be honest I would first get a few quotes in, show them the pictures of the one you intend to buy and just mention that it might need to have some prep done first because you don't know how deep the scratches are or stone chips, they'll be able to give you a quote, it will likely still work out cheaper than brand new.

• Like 2

you can always drive to me 🙂 i can help with fitting .

20190405-112420.png 20190405-112522.jpg

its was titanium 🙂

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mastachaz said:

its was titanium 🙂

Very nice.

How much would insurance go up with the modification ?

1 minute ago, smr said:

How much would insurance go up with the modification ?

Phone your insurance company, it will vary from nothing, to 'how much??'

• Like 1

Ok I've found some decent condition parts, now I'm trying to find a good bodyshop, how to tell which is a good one compared to which is a cowboy? Never dealt with bodyshops before.

20 minutes ago, smr said:

Ok I've found some decent condition parts, now I'm trying to find a good bodyshop, how to tell which is a good one compared to which is a cowboy? Never dealt with bodyshops before.

See if they have a FaceBook page with previous work and recommendation. You can usually tell a decent operation simply by visiting Make sure they have a proper enclosed baking oven and not just some draped over cloths masking an area of the workshop! it. If they're working on some decent classic, or expensive cars, possibly a good sign. It's all about recommendation. If you have a good relationship with a mechanic, find out who they use, the'll be unlikely to recommend anyone crap...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

See if they have a FaceBook page with previous work and recommendation. You can usually tell a decent operation simply by visiting Make sure they have a proper enclosed baking oven and not just some draped over cloths masking an area of the workshop! it. If they're working on some decent classic, or expensive cars, possibly a good sign. It's all about recommendation. If you have a good relationship with a mechanic, find out who they use, the'll be unlikely to recommend anyone crap...

Thanks Stephen, I spoke to a local Ford dealership near me last week and they said they use this company for their paint work... https://tech2bodyrepair.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/tech2bodyrepair/

They seem quite good from facebook reviews etc. also seem to have done some expensive cars like lambos and bmw i8s. What do you think to them?

Someone trying to put me off the idea of it altogether as he says most aren't trained well and he can almost guarantee it'll have trapped dust in it. 😕

LOL, there are always soothsayers of doom in any walk of life! If there is 'trapped dust' you'll see it when you pick your car up, there'll be little bumps in the paint, kinda like, well, trapped dust LOL Their web site looks fine, and very few businesses survive 20 years if they're no good. No harm in having a look at some cars they are just finishing and see if the quality is up to scrutinising. If they've nothing to hide, they won't mind at all showing off their work...

• Like 2

heh yeah I was thinking that ... soothsayer of doom lol. 

They have a baking oven as well. Don't know if you saw their facebook page I edited the post to put the link in, looks like they restore all kinds of cars, aventadors, campers, bmw i8s, I guess they must be good.

https://www.facebook.com/tech2bodyrepair/

Just got a reply from that bodyshop...

"To prep and paint parts in midnight sky which is  a terrible colour to match it would be £600.00 plus vat to paint. No fitting included in price. it can be matched but every panel would need to be blended where the new parts are attached mega money hope that is understandable"

Sounds like it's more hassle than it's worth then 😕 i didn't particularly want the rest of the car painting.

6 minutes ago, smr said:

Just got a reply from that bodyshop...

"To prep and paint parts in midnight sky which is  a terrible colour to match it would be £600.00 plus vat to paint. No fitting included in price. it can be matched but every panel would need to be blended where the new parts are attached mega money hope that is understandable"

Sounds like it's more hassle than it's worth then 😕 i didn't particularly want the rest of the car painting.

Personally I'd wait until the parts become available in your colour that's what I did took over a year though. I didn't get charged for telling my insurance company either they was just happy I told them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Personally I'd wait until the parts become available in your colour that's what I did took over a year though. I didn't get charged for telling my insurance company either they was just happy I told them

yeah that's exactly what I was just thinking. Just hope they show up in the right colour as it's not as popular as black or white by the look of it!

It would save a heck of a lot of money on paint, only thing is on eBay all the parts I have seen have needed attention and haven't been in a useable condition so I probably don't have any chance of finding them in decent enough condition to buy and just put straight onto the car.

Ford don't bother colour matching at the factory anyway...the shade of the plastics are well off those on the metal panels on the Mk3s!  :laugh:  It's one of those things that once you've noticed it, you won't be able to un-see it!

You won't find any perfect used parts - but at 6 years old I doubt your current parts are perfect either, minor scuffs and scratches can be polished out with a MOP, stone chips aren't really worth worrying about on a daily car.  If you can find parts in your colour, I'd buy those as long as there are no major cracks or chunks missing. :smile:  If it's just something like a small graze from a car park bollard you could even have that fixed by Smart Repair (Chipsaway etc) for much cheaper than a full colour change.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Ford don't bother colour matching at the factory anyway...the shade of the plastics are well off those on the metal panels on the Mk3s!  :laugh:  It's one of those things that once you've noticed it, you won't be able to un-see it!

You won't find any perfect used parts - but at 6 years old I doubt your current parts are perfect either, minor scuffs and scratches can be polished out with a MOP, stone chips aren't really worth worrying about on a daily car.  If you can find parts in your colour, I'd buy those as long as there are no major cracks or chunks missing. :smile:  If it's just something like a small graze from a car park bollard you could even have that fixed by Smart Repair (Chipsaway etc) for much cheaper than a full colour change.

Thanks yes I think I'll just have to wait, although searching for 'Zetec S bumper Midnight Sky' doesn't yield any results at all, it seems a very rare thing to find breakers selling such parts. 

I'd be annoyed if I paid for the kit in different colours and paid £700 to get it all painted to then find a month later all of the kit in the right colour which I could have just bought and clipped on though!

On 5/4/2019 at 1:10 PM, mastachaz said:

its was titanium 🙂

Looks awesome. Titanium in RS clothing.

• Like 1

had another quote from someone a bit more local to me for £250 all in for three items - spoiler, rear bumper and front spoiler. Sounds a bit too cheap? 

18 minutes ago, smr said:

had another quote from someone a bit more local to me for £250 all in for three items - spoiler, rear bumper and front spoiler. Sounds a bit too cheap? 

There's no satisfying you, is there LOL

• Haha 2

Just now, StephenFord said:

There's no satisfying you, is there LOL

lol i'm just over dubious now because of that email earlier where the woman said it was a "terrrible colour to match" :Z put me off a bit!

24 minutes ago, smr said:

lol i'm just over dubious now because of that email earlier where the woman said it was a "terrrible colour to match" :Z put me off a bit!

All colours are terrible to match! That's just 'bodyshop' speak. The same way that retailers moan about the weather effecting their sales, it's too hot, too cold, too wet, too windy etc etc.  Mechanics complain about the location of components, that 'starter' is in a tight position (substitute 'starter' for anything else that needs attention!) It's life buddy...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darren-mk8 said:

Looks awesome. Titanium in RS clothing. 

most of interior are of st 😄

• Like 1

went to a bodyshop today, owner seemed a nice guy. I told him what I was thinking of doing and he can paint the three items for £375. Advised me not to buy second hand though and order the parts new.

He said he wouldn't need the car to be left with him so presumably that means he won't be blending, I forgot to ask him about that. 

It's difficult to know what to do when you read stuff on the Internet, one thread I found said steer clear of bodyshops who don't blend yet this guy has 15-20 years of experience and very good reviews.

From what I can gather the rear bumper and spoiler are plug and play basically, so they could come off if I wanted to sell the car stock, but the front spoiler would need bonding on so once it's on it'd have to stay on. So I'm therefore thinking of just getting the rear bumper/spoiler and seeing how it looks then.

there's a few spoilers on eBay at the moment for £150 or there abouts, there's brand new ones for £250. So for £100 more it's not that much more expensive really anyway I guess.

The rear bumper and diffuser is on eBay brand new for £340, and when pricing them up second hand you're looking at about £200-300 so again it's not that much more expensive to buy them new. At least that way they won't have scuffs, dents etc. that may take time sorting out, I guess if you buy a diffuser second hand and it's all scuffed up you can't really get that looking mint anyway?

• Like 1

not to buy 2hand because will be harder to them to paint it ? and more work ? 😄  a bit funny 🙂

no one will blend 2 panels or 6 in total for 375 😄

52 minutes ago, mastachaz said:

not to buy 2hand because will be harder to them to paint it ? and more work ? 😄  a bit funny 🙂

no one will blend 2 panels or 6 in total for 375 😄

i thought that, didnt want to argue with him tho, but lets say i did buy a second hand spoiler for £150 and it's got no cracks and that, but it's got chips and scuffs and a few deep scratches on, surely it would take longer to fix compared to one that came brand new and primed without a scratch on it? Or does it not? I have no idea how easy / quick it is to fix a second hand spoiler like that compared to just painting a new one.

Buddy, with respect, you are entirely over thinking this. Just pick a choice and live with the consequences, It's not 'brexit' LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club