Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Bodykit

smr

12 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Buddy, with respect, you are entirely over thinking this. Just pick a choice and live with the consequences, It's not 'brexit' LOL

Even at this pace, it'll still be finished before Brexit...  :lol: 

10 hours ago, smr said:

i thought that, didnt want to argue with him tho, but lets say i did buy a second hand spoiler for £150 and it's got no cracks and that, but it's got chips and scuffs and a few deep scratches on, surely it would take longer to fix compared to one that came brand new and primed without a scratch on it? Or does it not? I have no idea how easy / quick it is to fix a second hand spoiler like that compared to just painting a new one.

How is a spoiler going to get damaged like that?  Front splitters take a lot of abuse but rear spoilers shouldn't unless you're doing a motorway commute in reverse... :biggrin: 

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, smr said:

i thought that, didnt want to argue with him tho, but lets say i did buy a second hand spoiler for £150 and it's got no cracks and that, but it's got chips and scuffs and a few deep scratches on, surely it would take longer to fix compared to one that came brand new and primed without a scratch on it? Or does it not? I have no idea how easy / quick it is to fix a second hand spoiler like that compared to just painting a new one.

think is no matter what panel you got they should charge you nearly same , as all this bodyshops charge price per panel .

• Like 1

what i meant was, some rear spoilers on eBay are damaged and have deep scratches / scuffs etc. because they haven't been stored properly and well, for instance.

So I was wondering, does it take the bodyshop guy longer to fix that kind of a spoiler and prep it (meaning more cost?) compared to me providing him with a brand new spoiler primed? Which would surely require less prep (no existing paint to strip back, scratches, marks, scuffs, chips etc. to repair) before painting?

1 minute ago, smr said:

So I was wondering, does it take the bodyshop guy longer to fix that kind of a spoiler and prep it (meaning more cost?) compared to me providing him with a brand new spoiler primed? Which would surely require less prep (no scratches, marks, scuffs, chips etc. to repair) before painting?

mmm... read your last post, and see if you can answer it all by yourself LOL 🤣

• Haha 1

i dont understand why people say buy second hand then, the price for one new is £250. Most second hand spoilers (in crap condition and in need of money being spent on repairing them in teh first place) on eBay are around £150.

With the greatest of respect, your post has inspired fierce debate, you've had opinions from all sides, indicative votes have been given. Now, all we want is you to get the job done, and post a few after photos announcing, "ta-dah..." then we can all say what a great job you did, and get on with our lives... 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, smr said:

i dont understand why people say buy second hand then, the price for one new is £250. Most second hand spoilers (in crap condition and in need of money being spent on repairing them in teh first place) on ebay are around £150.

Some people can paint themselves, or know a mate that works at a bodyshop etc, or maybe they'll wrap it with vinyl for a fraction of the cost, there isn't a 'one size fits all' answer. :smile:  

It's also worth saying that not everyone is as fussy as we are...have a wander around some local car shows and see just how much damage there is on some of the highly modded cars!  This tends to be more Jap/track cars than Fords though admittedly.

A scuffed spoiler shouldn't be £150 though...the seller is just trying their luck if it's genuinely unusable, offer them £50 for it.

• Like 2

spoiler ready to fit going for around 120 delivered so no point to buy and paint

• Like 1

Last month i bought one ST spoiler for my friend for 100 quids and was ready to fit so i would not say all eBay second hand spoilers are bad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club