Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta ecoboost 1.0 fuel consuption , is this ok ?!!

Eng_Ahmad1986
聽Share

Hello to all,

I know this may have been discussed here before , but out of frustration I need to share this with you 馃檪

First to say that my little fiesta is doing great mpg at highway driving, achieving 4 to 5 L/100km ( 56 to 71 mpg ) when driving at speed of ( 55 to 62 mph ).

but drive around the town and every expected mpg is thrown out of the window聽 馃槃 , driving the normal way gives me no better than 10 l/100km ( 28 mpg ), if I babied it (barely touch the throttle) I would gain no better than 8l/100km ( 35 mpg ).聽

I know you won't be able to achieve the official mpg , but is this normal ?

now is there anything wrong with my fiesta ?聽

I need your advice on how to make the best mpg of this engine , may be a driving style ?聽 shift points ? rpm ? load ? throttle opening ? any piece of advice would be much appreciated聽 馃檪

I use 95 RON fuel which is the premium fuel here in Egypt and the highest RON available .

my car is 6 speed auto ( not the powershift one , but the traditional automatic gearbox , 6F15 I guess )

current mileage is 1750 km ( that's about 1000 mile ).

thank you very much for your considering聽 馃檪

I'd say the mpg you're getting is to be expected in all fairness. The auto does kill the fuel consumption and around town, the ecoboosts are never anywhere near as economical as one could expect.聽

As you've also done around 1000 miles, I'd give it a bit more time and you may see a small improvement 1-2mpg more but there is almost definitely nothing wrong with the car itself 馃檪

• Like 1

Using the aircon also adds considerably to fuel usage. I never get near the advertised figures as, in Thailand, the aircon is almost always working hard.聽

• Like 1

Hello

my fiesta is averaging 31.3mpg but mines a manual gearbox, air con not used, trying to use stop/start all the time but doesn't kick in.

its coming up 4 1/2 year old but only done 15,800 miles so its not often used.

hope this helps

thanks

• Like 1

Interesting. I thought there was only one auto box for the 100bhp engine. Not sure what the OP means regarding auto gearbox?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, nashdm2 said:

Interesting. I thought there was only one auto box for the 100bhp engine. Not sure what the OP means regarding auto gearbox?

I think in the older models we had the 6 speed powershift dual clutch, in the 2019 mk8 it's a traditional 6 speed torque converter iirc. which is why the VED is much higher and the MPG/performance lower than the manual/powershift,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nashdm2 said:

yes I mean its a traditional torque converter auto gearbox and not the powershift dual clutch transmission , ford dual clutch equipped vehicles have suffered a lot in Egypt due to hot climate conditions, the clutches fail very often and in short time, the dealer here in Egypt extended the warranty for the clutches for those vehicles, mainly the focus, but for the 2019 fiesta thank God they are equipped with this traditional auto gearbox聽 馃檪

9 hours ago, DG97 said:

I'd say the mpg you're getting is to be expected in all fairness. The auto does kill the fuel consumption and around town, the ecoboosts are never anywhere near as economical as one could expect.聽

As you've also done around 1000 miles, I'd give it a bit more time and you may see a small improvement 1-2mpg more but there is almost definitely nothing wrong with the car itself 馃檪

thank you so much , what a relief !!聽 馃檪

you can get good fuel economy in town from a 1.0 EcoBoost if driven "correctly"

first, you can have eco or boost but not both at the same time you must pick one.

if you pick eco you need to do the following to get best mpg

• accelerate gently keeping rpm low change up at 1800 rpm and down at 1200rpm聽
  • try not to use the brakes slow gradually using a trailing throttle
  • switch off non-essential accessories like ac heated screen聽etc
  • try not to stop at every red light move to a trailing throttle early and give it time to turn green before you get there same is true for any other possible hold up. anticipate what could happen up ahead and give any potential hold up time to clear
  • controversial one this but i聽believe super unleaded gives better mpg in the EcoBoost after flicking back and forth a few times between Tesco standard and momentum it costs around 4% more but gives around 8% better fuel economy.

using the above I get around 400 miles from a tank on聽short town driving (43mpg approx) and 550 miles from a tank of聽long cross country journies (59mpg approx)

19 minutes ago, cjay1 said:

you can get good fuel economy in town from a 1.0 EcoBoost if driven "correctly"

first, you can have eco or boost but not both at the same time you must pick one.

if you pick eco you need to do the following to get best mpg

• accelerate gently keeping rpm low change up at 1800 rpm and down at 1200rpm聽
  • try not to use the brakes slow gradually using a trailing throttle
  • switch off non-essential accessories like ac heated screen聽etc
  • try not to stop at every red light move to a trailing throttle early and give it time to turn green before you get there same is true for any other possible hold up. anticipate what could happen up ahead and give any potential hold up time to clear
  • controversial one this but i聽believe super unleaded gives better mpg in the EcoBoost after flicking back and forth a few times between Tesco standard and momentum it costs around 4% more but gives around 8% better fuel economy.

using the above I get around 400 miles from a tank on聽short town driving (43mpg approx) and 550 miles from a tank of聽long cross country journies (59mpg approx)

I will try to do this without having the impatient traffic hit me from behind聽 馃槃 馃槃聽you don't know how cairo streets look like聽 馃槃 great advice , thank you聽

Egypt-cairo-traffic-jam.jpg

heavy-traffic-on-ramses-street-cairo-egypt-D82209.jpg

• Like 1

With traffic like that 28mpg is very good - Thats the sort of evironment an electric car would be best for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiexen said:

With traffic like that 28mpg is very good - Thats the sort of evironment an electric car would be best for.

that's why Egypt is launching a massive project to locally build electric cars with the help of French and Chinese companies with technology transfer , I hope this helps , gasoline prices are increasing on yearly basis here , current price for RON 95 is about 0.45 dollars for 1 litre 馃檪

7 minutes ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

current price for RON 95 is about 0.45 dollars for 1 litre 馃檪

Is that US Dollars?聽 I thought Egypt had their own Pound?聽 If that's USD its about 35p per litre for us UK folk...聽 We pay 4 times that much!! 馃槷

Tbh, with traffic like that, you might as well walk... :laugh:

Or get someone to carry you around in a sedan chair like the pharaohs back in the day... :biggrin:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Is that US Dollars?聽 I thought Egypt had their own Pound?聽 If that's USD its about 35p per litre for us UK folk...聽 We pay 4 times that much!! 馃槷

Tbh, with traffic like that, you might as well walk... :laugh:

Or get someone to carry you around in a sedan chair like the pharaohs back in the day... :biggrin:

馃槀馃槀馃槀 yes we have of course our own pound , 1 us dollar = 17.10 Egyptian pound , 1 litre of RON 95 is 7.75 pound, that's about 0.45 us dollars . oh and by the way , if the pharaohs were still alive they would have committed suicide聽馃槀馃槀馃槀 , " hey our sons and daughters , what have you done to the beautiful Egypt, shame on you聽馃槀馃槀聽"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

馃槀馃槀馃槀 yes we have of course our own pound , 1 us dollar = 17.10 Egyptian pound , 1 litre of RON 95 is 7.75 pound, that's about 0.45 us dollars . oh and by the way , if the pharaohs were still alive they would have committed suicide聽馃槀馃槀馃槀 , " hey our sons and daughters , what have you done to the beautiful Egypt, shame on you聽馃槀馃槀聽"

Lol, when you say it like that, 7.75 a litre does sound bad!聽 :laugh:

I think that's the same anywhere in the world...the ancestors would be horrified about how we've ruined the planet now! 馃槷

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club