Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Making Clunking/Knocking Sound

dinks90

Hi all,

Last week I picked up my 2016 Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25

I've noticed when going over bumps or turning right on uneven roads there is a clunking/knocking sound coming from the back of the car 

I've got it booked in with the garage to check it on Wednesday but I just wanted to ask if anyone has had a similar issue and knows what it could be?

Thanks

Have you checked for loose items in the boot?  Spare wheel or puncture repair kit etc. 

Rear seat belts buckles can knock against the pillars if you're not carrying rear passengers.  Could even be the rear seat backs.

If its definitely nothing inside, the next place to look would be exhaust or suspension, but I'd surprised if they needed repair already on a 2016 model.

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Have you checked for loose items in the boot?  Spare wheel or puncture repair kit etc. 

Rear seat belts buckles can knock against the pillars if you're not carrying rear passengers.  Could even be the rear seat backs.

If its definitely nothing inside, the next place to look would be exhaust or suspension, but I'd surprised if they needed repair already on a 2016 model.

Thanks for your response.

The only thing I have in my boot is shopping bags, the sound is definitely not coming from inside the car

Release the seat backs then have a drive to see if the noise is still there, if it isn't then either the seat backs need slamming back into place of if a little loose wrap some tape around the latch to pack it out so it isn't loose in the catch

On 5/3/2019 at 7:24 PM, robbyvrs said:

Release the seat backs then have a drive to see if the noise is still there, if it isn't then either the seat backs need slamming back into place of if a little loose wrap some tape around the latch to pack it out so it isn't loose in the catch

I checked my back seats and one side wasn’t clipped in properly so I fixed that but the noise is still happening. 

Its coming from the rear drivers side and sounds like something is loose 

Is the parcel shelf clipped in properly?

Could be the tailgate - adjust the rubber stopper

Is it the noise metalic or  dull sounding?

On 5/5/2019 at 10:12 PM, robbyvrs said:

Is the parcel shelf clipped in properly?

Could be the tailgate - adjust the rubber stopper

Is it the noise metalic or  dull sounding?

Had it in the garage yesterday, turns out the heat shield was loose and a spring had snapped.

All fixed now!

Glad you got it sorted 🙂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club