Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2.5 Remote window opening/closing with front electric windows only

rhyds

My MK2.5 Zetec only has front electric windows (which isn't a problem). However I'd like to use the remote opening/closing feature via the keyfob if possible. My main questions are:

1: Will the GEM throw up a code if I try and enable this feature with front windows only fitted?

2: How do I enable this in Forscan?

It can't be done on a Zetec.  You need to have all 4 one touch electric windows for it to work.  

If you want to retrofit it you need window motors, door modules and pieces of loom so probably not worth the hassle lol.  

• Like 3

Sorry, but this will not work just like that, after enabling it in Forscan or elmconfig. 

The functionality simply isn't supported by the "hardware" in your doors.

To enable this you would have to retrofit at least front door modules from an all-4-electric windows equipped car. This also requires some changes in the wiring of the door looms and so on. 

Not un-doable job, I did it myself (with a massive help from a friend), I now have all 4 windows in electric. I used a how-to guide from a local forum board (localized in czech language only) and with all the needed parts it took about 8 hours (with breaks) to fit it.

• Like 3

I concur, global opening will only work with all electric windows.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

if it's really important  to you then the only cost effective way would be to fit an aftermarket security system that has it's own global closing feature

• Like 1

@ScorpionSX Could please send me the link for what you followed doing this modification, I have 2007 ST2 3dr, Got door modules and wiring from a 2006 Ghia 5dr (Front doors).

Any help appreciated.

11 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

I concur, global opening will only work with all electric windows.

Will also work in door module equipped 3dr with Global Closing/Opening enabled

Thanks for the advice everyone. I had a feeling it couldn't be that simple!

Probably cheaper and easier to pay someone to sit in your car 24/7 and open & close your windows for you on command.
[emoji39] JK

• Haha 2

Actually, as far as the money goes, the whole thing cost me less than 100€, which is pretty cheap I would say. 

Although paying those 200€ more when buying the car new and getting the all-electric windows fitted from factory is definitely worth it! The work is what makes it a PITA.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club