Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk3 help needed, car dead

steve.s

hello all,

as above, im in the s##t, i decided to fit cruise controll to my 2014, 1.6 tdi focus, seen alot of people on here have done the same, ive had cruise control on my preiviouse car and really missed it.

so check what i would need and started shopping, steiring wheel off eBay with cc fitted, harness for sterio controlls on air bag and ofcourse the forscan and focccus software plus eml adapter, a good one from amazon £30 i thought.

fitted wheel and everything was going well, plugged car itno laptop, read bcm and saved a copy, then went on to change configeration to activate cc and speed limiter, writing back to bcm, when at 96% and error message came up, all i could do was click ok, then dissaster, everything on cargoes dead apart from radio, so can still have tunes while i pretend to drive.

no the car is impossible to comunicate with through obd port and im very very stuck

any help please.

thanks

steve

• Sad 1

try discounting the battery for a while see if that helps

thanks, but already done that, it was off for 3hrs and still nothing

If disconnecting the battery does not solve the problem and the BCM can no longer be accessed your BCM is bricked I am afraid.

To solve this problem there are 2 possibilites:

* Replace the BCM and have it programmed by a Ford dealer, The BCM is an integral part of the PATS immobilizer system which on the MK3/MK3.5 can olby be programmed by a Ford dealer.

* Unbrick the BCM using the "Upload VBF" function at the "Tools" tab of the FoCCCus program. This requires advanced skills (definetely not for beginners) and the correct VBF files for your type of BCM.

Do you have a screenshot of the "BCM" tab? The hardware/software numbers that are shown on this tab are needed to unbrick the BCM.

• Like 2

No I don't, so basically it's got to go to Ford. 

I though as much, thanks for the reply 

I have some info of forscan but the bcmii numbers don't match completely with what's on focccus ab file

i have these
IMG_20190504_200710.thumb.jpg.f5416c2edaa07bb5717d62f207aa126a.jpg
IMG_20190504_200742.thumb.jpg.84ea5be1032d3d92e580098f21d4332f.jpg

I take it forscan doesn’t pick up the car either? If it does, do a module reset... that may help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

22 hours ago, steve.s said:

i have these

IMG_20190504_200710.jpg

IMG_20190504_200742.jpg

The numbers shown in Forscan are not the numbers you need. The most important is the hardware number which is needed to use the recovery functionality. 

The VBF files that are included with the FoCCCus program are secondary bootloader files. These files are needed for the program to gain access to the modules. The actual software needs to be downloaded from the Ford servers but without knowing the exact software numbers you need (the BCM software consists of 3 different software files) it is virtually impossible to guess which files you need. Your best bet will to find someone who has the exact same type of BCM and read the needed hardware/software version numbers using the FoCCCus program.

Also note that the recovery functionality is usually only succesful when the module is removed from the car and outside the car connected to a suitible 12 Volt DC power source and a decent ELM327 (USB version) interface. The trick is to apply power to the module at the same time that the recovery procedure is started. It may take several attempts but this procedure usually works.

• Like 1

I searched my personal database and the following might work:

Hardware number (this number needs to be filled in at recovery): DV6T-14C245-DF 

Next load the following VBF files to the BCM in this order:

1:  DV6T-14C094-BH
2:  DV6T-14C095-BH
3:  DV6T-14C403-AH 

The VBF files can be downloaded from the following website:

https://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/vdirs/wds/PCMReprogram/DSFM_PCMReprogram.asp?swproduct=IDS

This should help to unbrick the BCM.

• Like 1

It's OK, got new lead off amazon today and reloaded original saved focccus file and it's back, thanks for the help jw1982, sorry you did all that work for nothing but it might help someone like me in the future. 

Everything seems OK on the test drive I'm hoping it's sorted 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, steve.s said:

It's OK, got new lead off amazon today and reloaded original saved focccus file and it's back, thanks for the help jw1982, sorry you did all that work for nothing but it might help someone like me in the future. 

Everything seems OK on the test drive I'm hoping it's sorted 

Phew, glad you sorted, must have been worrying.

Thank god for that! Phewww! Made up for you! Nothing worse when something like that happens!

2 minutes ago, mozz said:

Phew, glad you sorted, must have been worrying.

You have no idea

1 minute ago, Monks600 said:

Thank god for that! Phewww! Made up for you! Nothing worse when something like that happens!

Thanks, I'm so pleased I managed it, just pissedoff about first lead, it wasn't a cheap one

I'm really starting to wish I had never started with fitting cruise control. 

Got car back working and Monday took out for a test, 20-25 miles, everything is fine, today struck up engine light on, abs fault x2, power steering angle sensor fault, bcm connection fault, 

What could be causing these, if I clear them the abs ones come back and usually something else. 

Do I need to reset using forscan, any advice please gurus 

• 11 months later...
On 5/7/2019 at 1:46 PM, steve.s said:

I'm really starting to wish I had never started with fitting cruise control. 

Got car back working and Monday took out for a test, 20-25 miles, everything is fine, today struck up engine light on, abs fault x2, power steering angle sensor fault, bcm connection fault, 

What could be causing these, if I clear them the abs ones come back and usually something else. 

Do I need to reset using forscan, any advice please gurus 

Hey Steve, what do you mean new lead. Friend here just did the same thing, trying to help him out before he goes mental.

• 2 years later...
On 5/4/2019 at 9:16 PM, steve.s said:

i have these

IMG_20190504_200710.jpg

IMG_20190504_200742.jpg

Hello, Please let me know if you have a start / stop system with a button and keyless? Because I see you have BV61-14C204-DGB strategy in PCM. Schedules engine driver upgrades to the above strategy.

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club