Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got a free Fusion

Rory2019

Hi,

I have been given a 2012 Automatic Fusion for nowt! my father in law called to see me today and asked me if i wanted it as he was getting a new car 8-)  having owned one previously and loved it as you might guess i bit his hand off lol  so now i have a low miles little car (12,000mls) its immaculate too apart from the alloys need polishing up but certainly very pleased with it. Its only for taking my dogs down to the beach ect as i have a Focus Estate STline as my main car so thought i can have some fun with the Fusion and see what mods i can do to make it different and and look a bit more modern? any ideas most welcome and I love the cars shape which has a hint of crossover about it (years ahead of its time?) so instead of the the usual mods of lowering it etc why not go the other way and give it a more crossover look by fitting bigger wheels, springs etc to give better ground clearance? never seen one done so probably a silly idea but as its a freebie then its time for fun. Its a 1600cc and has all the bells and whistles and some hideous sodding seat covers but underneath they are perfect to the old bugger has done well looking after it. He is buying a Toyota city car (yak) as his mate said they do 80mpg (in his dreams) .

Any other ideas to mod/pimp a Fusion will be interesting to hear.

I have no great ideas - but there was a thread on the ZSOC Forum, which is unfortunately defunct, by a guy called Mike (!) who did an awful lot to his.

So I'm no help at all, unless anyone knows who might have access to this stuff, and this goes for a lot of the older forums.

We have a 1.6 petrol Titanium, and it is clearly the most practical car that I have ever owned, Wheel chairs fit, Grannies fit, fold down that passenger seat and you have a long carrying area, all in a car about the size of a Fiesta!

Hi,

Well decided not to go for the offroad look as to be honest the cars in mint condition and would be a shame to ruin it, so instead i will stick interior stuff maybe a better stereo and as i am disabled i fancy having a rear view reversing camera (cannot reverse very good so anything that helps is a bonus lol)  so any tips for stereos etc most welcome.

I have attached a photo of the new toy and its actually cleaner since the photo as he got it valeted before handing it over to me, my wife died suddenly last year so its just me and my dog now and my father in law only lives 6 miles away so i can keep an eye on him. I'm not sure what colour the car is its a metallic goldy colour? and a 1.6ltr auto.....i was pleasantly surprised as i expected it to have dents in it but he's done a great job looking after it so i will do the same. My other car is a Focus stline estate which is nice but wasted on our crap roads here, i have had 3 puntures thanks to the low profile tyres and potholes that go across the full width of the sodding road so hard to avoid them at night (no street lights here)

I think the Fusion is Fords best kept secret as they aren't boy racer cars but they don't actually look dated and today a young lad was looking at it and wanted to know more about it...in his words he said "That's a smart motor and more room than my Corsa" so maybe not a granny car after all. what would be funny would be a Fusion with a souped up motor but everything looking standard, when i used to ride drag bikes they used to call such cars/bikes Sleepers and shocked a few people burning off sports cars.....I had a Hayabusa turbo drag bike that was road legal and VERY quick hence disability now....no comment lol.

Thanks for ya reply

Cheers

FORD FUSION.jpg

I have a zetec  climate and so far I have fitted a ford/sony dab stereo and sorted out the bluetooth , had the back windows tinted and have just got a set of mk7 fiesta titanium x wheels . I am trying to keep it original but different if that makes sense

• 6 months later...

Wow. 2012 automatic with 12k miles!
Thats really rare this days.
Don't you want to sell it? ;)
I did research few months ago and
bought my automatic 2006/60k miles for £1700
Few dents but goes well
The only mod i did was new seats covers - I found v.good ones tailored to this particularly model
The only concern is fuel consumption
Takes 11.5 litre/100km (petrol engine 1.6) in town - I have to find out why. Apart of that its a great car and I love it. Especially its classic shape!
Does your drink much petrol?4bebd52ad43ad95cb67e1646cf83bf35.jpgd3ff81dfaca7e6260ce6cb9166c47692.jpge0ad7ef9996d4b250b44116c0981ee78.jpg

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2019 at 11:39 PM, TTomek said:

Wow. 2012 automatic with 12k miles!
Thats really rare this days.
Don't you want to sell it? 😉
I did research few months ago and
bought my automatic 2006/60k miles for £1700
Few dents but goes well
The only mod i did was new seats covers - I found v.good ones tailored to this particularly model
The only concern is fuel consumption
Takes 11.5 litre/100km (petrol engine 1.6) in town - I have to find out why. Apart of that its a great car and I love it. Especially its classic shape!
Does your drink much petrol?4bebd52ad43ad95cb67e1646cf83bf35.jpgd3ff81dfaca7e6260ce6cb9166c47692.jpge0ad7ef9996d4b250b44116c0981ee78.jpg

Those seat covers look really nice, any chance you could tell me where you found them? 

Those seat covers look really nice, any chance you could tell me where you found them? 

I bought them abroad. £50

http://erjot.pl/shop/ford/107-ford-fusion-2002-2013-welurowe-pokrowce.html#/dzielenie_oparcia-2_3_za_kierowca/dzielenie_siedziska-2_3_za_kierowca/zaglowki-5/airbag-nie/kieszenie-nie/kolor-buenografitbez

5 minutes ago, TTomek said:

Hmm, okay. Thank you for the very quick response.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club