Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford C Max titanium Spare Wheel

Tony Stark

I would be grateful for some advice. My other half is purchasing a 2013 1.6 TDCI titanium with 17inch alloys. The inflator kit does not impress me so looking for the best spare wheel option. Should I go with a space saver or use the 16 inch full size spare wheel from her previous model (1.6 Petrol)? (The closest match on the 16 inch rim appears to be 215/55R16 @ -0.6% against a 17 inch 215/50R17.

If I go for the space saver then which one in the correct size to replace a 17 inch wheel?

Thanks in advance.

You must really IMO suit all wheels at correct sizing. But I thought all Titaniums came with 17" wheels suited correct to  your car. So if correct your car should have a spare suitable 

Personally I'd go with a space saver.  It'll still work fine in an emergency but weighs half as much as an alloy.  Full size wastes fuel and makes it more awkward to lift and change.

125/85/16 is the standard space saver size.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hostahousey said:

You must really IMO suit all wheels at correct sizing. But I thought all Titaniums came with 17" wheels suited correct to  your car. So if correct your car should have a spare suitable 

No,  many dont have a spare wheel just an puncture repair foam, i dont have a spare in mine. If I wanted a spare i would go with a space saver.

15 hours ago, pragmatix said:

No,  many dont have a spare wheel just an puncture repair foam, i dont have a spare in mine. If I wanted a spare i would go with a space saver.

I'm talking about wheel sizes meaning not to  mix a 17" and a 16" together on same axle. If you have a puncture repair or a space saver included with your car,  then they are suited to your ( or should be ) car. I once bought a car that I didn't realise had different size wheels on the front ,on my way home the car was all over the road due to this. This is the point I am trying to make.

Many thanks for the replies. We will go for the space saver as it is much less bulky than a full size wheel.    

Don't think it makes much difference as there isn't much room for storage in the wheel bay.

• 1 month later...

I've just bought a space saver 16" for my C max on 17" wheels, the difference in size is made up by the 16" space saver wheel having a bigger profile, 85 instead of the 50 and therefore the same on the road size.

What I found as odd, they give you the cheap nonsense re inflation kit, which in their minds means that as you don't have spare wheel you won't need a jack, so there isn't one.

Have a look on Ebay    Anyone have an idea of the Ford part number for a tow bar for my Cmax 2014 2.0 ltr hdi ?

• 1 year later...

A space saver isn’t quite narrow enough to sit in the boot well, you need to boost the height with some blocks. Bit of an oversight in the design stage as I think they were hoping the tyre repair can would be a universal hit.

Edited by Extraordinarii
Spelling

1 hour ago, Extraordinarii said:

A space saver isn’t quite narrow enough to sit in the boot well, you need to boost the height with some blocks. Bit of an oversight in the design stage as I think they were hoping the tyre repair can would be a universal

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club