Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

I'm back, but Fordless...

jmurray01

Hello again everybody! 

Well, in actual fact there may not be anybody reading this who remembers me, but I kind of slipped away from this forum over a year ago (maybe more like 2) as I no longer owned a Ford and other things in my personal life took precedence.

I'm still Fordless (currently driving a 2006 VW Passat 2.0 TDI estate) and to be honest that probably won't change for a long time as any spare money I do have will go towards getting my Peugeot 405 back on the road in the somewhat near future, and considering I've spent a small fortune on the Passat getting it running well over the past 6 months, I won't be selling it either.

I thought I'd try and return to the forum though as I have missed the good atmosphere on here and the escapism it provides from the "real world".

Not much has changed with me, other than recently quitting smoking (we'll see how long that lasts!) and trying to lose a bit of weight.  I moved house 18 months ago and it is an ongoing "project" shall we say, to get it the way I want it.  Progress is being made however, albeit rather slowly considering I also have my full time job Monday-Friday.  It does have a large driveway though so in theory I can work on my vehicles myself, but it rarely works out that way!

Bye for now...

-Jamie.

• Like 3

welcome back mate I rember you😊

• Like 2

Who?

JK, welcome back.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 2

I'm still here but Fordless for 10 months now...  Sounds like a Fords Anonymous meeting... :wink: 

What did you have to fix on the Passat?  EGR?  Injectors?  Guessing it's the CR140 engine?

• Like 2

Welcome back, I'm cordless as well , well for a few days anyway. Lol 

***** autocorrect. Ha ha . I'm ford less. And cordless I suppose . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Welcome back! As of last week I'm Fordless now too but the Nissan forum is pants so I've stayed on here! We still have my wife's Fiesta on the drive though so I'm still okay!😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WES180 said:

Welcome back! As of last week I'm Fordless now too but the Nissan forum is pants so I've stayed on here! We still have my wife's Fiesta on the drive though so I'm still okay!😉 

Yeah, I'm allowed , as my partner and daughter have fiestas. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, iantt said:

Yeah, I'm allowed , as my partner and daughter have fiestas. 

To be fair though Ian with the amount of knowledge you kindly share on here you would still be welcome if you all drove Vauxhalls!🙂

• Like 2

To be fair though Ian with the amount of knowledge you kindly share on here you would still be welcome if you all drove Vauxhalls![emoji846]
Whoah!!
I wouldn't go that far, Poxhalls are satans rollerskates.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, WES180 said:

To be fair though Ian with the amount of knowledge you kindly share on here you would still be welcome if you all drove Vauxhalls!🙂

I wouldn't be any use to you if I had vauxhalls on my drive. The frontal labotomy would put paid to any usefull comments out of my mouth. 

Still, I could own this without any shame

chav-car.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, iantt said:

I wouldn't be any use to you if I had vauxhalls on my drive. The frontal labotomy would put paid to any usefull comments out of my mouth. 

chav-car.jpg

Oh dear, I just don't have the words.........🙈

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

chav-car.jpg

W T F 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome back Jamie 😉

I have wondered how you were getting on, I wouldn't worry about the lack of Ford. I used to own a Mitsubishi Pajero and was a very active member on a particular forum. I continued on the forum long after the Pajero was gone and after a while anyone who sold up but stayed on the forum joined 'The Turvey Club' 

Good luck with the house project, we're in a similar situation, as is @Lenny have a look at his home improvement thread for inspiration 😎

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm still here but Fordless for 10 months now...  Sounds like a Fords Anonymous meeting... :wink: 

What did you have to fix on the Passat?  EGR?  Injectors?  Guessing it's the CR140 engine?

Haha, yes you're right it does doesn't it!!

It has the BKP engine (140BHP) and thankfully the piezo injector recall was done in 2012 so no problems there, but before I bought it the intercooler/hose started leaking causing plooms of black smoke on acceleration (hence I got it cheap) and after a bit of "brisk" driving it went bang and the intercooler itself broke apart...  So that had to be done, then the thermostat as it never got above 60 degrees, front end alignment, front discs and pads and also the timing belt and water pump as that was 4 years overdue!!  Oh and it needed a new battery as the "new" one the previous owner had fitted was a dud and made me late for work 2 days in a row when it wouldn't turn over.

I just hope to God that it lasts at least 6 months without anything else going wrong, but knowing my luck the EPB will be next to go as it did throw up a couple of "parking brake fault" messages over winter, although nothing since the weather warmed up again so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Welcome back random stranger of whom I have no idea who you are.

Im new btw [emoji23][emoji23]

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WES180 said:

Yes I did notice it was particularly dead when I tried to join during my Almera ownership prior to the Passat. 

1 hour ago, WES180 said:

I don't know if I'd go that far!!! :laughing:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

chav-car.jpg

Isn't that a beauty... :unsure:

9 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Welcome back Jamie 😉

I have wondered how you were getting on, I wouldn't worry about the lack of Ford. I used to own a Mitsubishi Pajero and was a very active member on a particular forum. I continued on the forum long after the Pajero was gone and after a while anyone who sold up but stayed on the forum joined 'The Turvey Club' 

Good luck with the house project, we're in a similar situation, as is @Lenny have a look at his home improvement thread for inspiration 😎

Thanks Kevin!

To be honest as long as I can keep it presentable at the moment I'm happy with that.  Bar any lottery win I'll be doing all the work myself and it's nearly impossible getting anything done completely unless I take leave from work which isn't exactly plentiful either. 

That's one thing I miss about renting my flat was that I didn't have to do anything except keep it clean, any problems just call the landlord!!  This house has been in the family for years so it has sentimental value and I couldn't let it just crumble (plus the neighbours might have something to say about that!).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Haha, yes you're right it does doesn't it!!

It has the BKP engine (140BHP) and thankfully the piezo injector recall was done in 2012 so no problems there, but before I bought it the intercooler/hose started leaking causing plooms of black smoke on acceleration (hence I got it cheap) and after a bit of "brisk" driving it went bang and the intercooler itself broke apart...  So that had to be done, then the thermostat as it never got above 60 degrees, front end alignment, front discs and pads and also the timing belt and water pump as that was 4 years overdue!!  Oh and it needed a new battery as the "new" one the previous owner had fitted was a dud and made me late for work 2 days in a row when it wouldn't turn over.

I just hope to God that it lasts at least 6 months without anything else going wrong, but knowing my luck the EPB will be next to go as it did throw up a couple of "parking brake fault" messages over winter, although nothing since the weather warmed up again so fingers crossed.

Ah, that's the PD140 engine, I briefly had an A3 with that engine last year.  Have now got a Golf with the later CR140 engine.  The timing belt replacement does seem excessive on these, I'm used to 10 year/100k intervals on Ford and PSA engines lol.   

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah, that's the PD140 engine, I briefly had an A3 with that engine last year.  Have now got a Golf with the later CR140 engine.  The timing belt replacement does seem excessive on these, I'm used to 10 year/100k intervals on Ford and PSA engines lol.   

Yes although oddly enough the service manual VW give with the car recommends the timing belt is replaced every 80k but doesn't give a time limit, although I'm informed as per the VW Audi forum that it is every 4 years. 

I think for my 405 it is meant to be every 5 or 6 years so either way that is well overdue also as it was last done in 2011!!  I think I'll make sure that's done before I put it back on the road.  Although at the moment she's just sitting on the driveway looking sorry for herself which depresses me every time I walk past.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 2:03 PM, iantt said:

Welcome back, I'm cordless as well , well for a few days anyway. Lol 

***** autocorrect. Ha ha . I'm ford less. And cordless I suppose . 

I'm also faultless iantt 😂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I'm also faultless iantt 😂

None of us are faultless...autocorrect strikes again! :laugh:

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

None of us are faultless...autocorrect strikes again! :laugh:

I am affordable though 😊🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club