Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yellow cap

H1ghlander1977

Hey all,

car been back a few weeks now since I got s/s working along with that engine malfunction service now warning.

anyway, opened the bonnet a few days ago to replace a bulb and found a weird yellow cap (I think it’s a cap please see attachments)

ive not seen this before and wonder where it’s home is.

cheers 

3823FA76-B6A2-4FE9-9C93-7965FC0C14F1.jpeg

F5B514C1-E173-461F-816B-336C8C8E50CC.jpeg

Not unlike the cover used by Austin-Rover on the breakout-box connector of early MEMS/K Series cars. Maybe a cover for an unused connector?

Or even a protective cap to keep dirt out of the parts just fitted recently.

ScaniaPBman.

• Like 1

it`s not the cap from the side lights is it :rolleyes:

Cars had vacuum hose fitted and the vacuum pump cleaned and reinstalled (if that helps any)

Also a new battery fitted, believe that’s all that’s been done under the hood recently.

I thought might be light related but checked both sides and don’t see any cap like this one. 

5 hours ago, H1ghlander1977 said:

Cars had vacuum hose fitted and the vacuum pump cleaned and reinstalled (if that helps any)

Also a new battery fitted, believe that’s all that’s been done under the hood recently.

I thought might be light related but checked both sides and don’t see any cap like this one. 

the garage that did the work on the car for you, may have just left it there by mistake, no harm in popping the car back-up to them and asking if the yellow cap belongs to them :thumbsup:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, andypsp said:

the garage that did the work on the car for you, may have just left it there by mistake, no harm in popping the car back-up to them and asking if the yellow cap belongs to them :thumbsup:

That's a fair point Andy, will do that.