Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Active models

Eric Bloodaxe

I was in a big dealership yesterday with a pal who wanted to check out the new Focus estate as a possible replacement for his Mondeo Mk 4. All the Focuses on the floor were Active models (and specced up to the £30k mark, for a 1.0!), and the salesman we were speaking to seemed to be pushing it really hard.

Not my cup of tea, but I can see it might fit a niche for some people who want a slightly higher seating position but don't want to go to a full SUV. My mate hated it - what does everyone else think of the concept, I wonder?

I don't think it was the target market, but I actually recommended a Fiesta Active to my grandparents.

They want a small car which is a bit easier to get in and out of....

But if it means people stop buying SUVs they don't need, I think it's perfect. Get those "SUV" crossover looks, in a "normal" car, that doesn't weigh 2 tonnes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a petrol head, but it infuriates me all these unncessarily heavy SUVs driving about, when most people only need a "normal" size car, which would be better on MPG and pollute less. They'll be the same sort of person who's all "save the dolphins, too much plastic", but I drive a huge gas guzzler...

/r

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

They'll be the same sort of person who's all "save the dolphins, too much plastic", but I drive a huge gas guzzler...

Usually with many plastic stickers on the rear stating those opinions... :laugh: 

Back on topic, I don't like the Active models personally.  They seem to advertise them for surfing and 'fun'...when they seem far more appropriate for elderly arthritic people who want a high seating position and space for the dogs in the boot...

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

I don't think it was the target market, but I actually recommended a Fiesta Active to my grandparents.

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

.when they seem far more appropriate for elderly arthritic people who want a high seating position

Oh dear! Perhaps I am the target market! A neighbour of mine, (a fellow OAP) has a Fiesta Active and she loves it so you guys may be right!😀

On the other angle, I received a load of "save the planet" stuff from my Green Party candidate in the local elections. He only lives down the road, so I can easily see what's in his drive. Yes, you've guessed - two SUV's!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Oh dear! Perhaps I am the target market! A neighbour of mine, (a fellow OAP) has a Fiesta Active and she loves it so you guys may be right!😀

I get the feeling you're not the 'usual' OAP driver though...  :laugh:  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

I get the feeling you're not the 'usual' OAP driver though...  :laugh:  

How kind of you to say so!😀 No, I was more interested in quizzing the salesman about the new Focus ST tbh!

• Like 1

I think one of the Active models may well be my next car as the c max is discontinued, Older person wants space for dogs and easier to get in and out of , does that make me a part of the target market. Just hope they corner well i do like a bit of sportiness , and yes the Cmax is suprisingly agile round the twisty bits😂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club