Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mr

mikel94jones

I have the Ford Focus 1.0 EcoBoost 125 ST-Line 5dr 68 plate new model. i dont have an ecoboost badge on the back or any type of eco badge on the car but i have see other cars with one. just wondering why i dont have one? want to make sure they havent given me the wrong engine or forgot to put it on ha or just dont get it on this engine?

thanks !

I didn't think they put it on the MK4 Focus, cos all the engines are ecoboost.

23 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I didn't think they put it on the MK4 Focus, cos all the engines are ecoboost.

Correct. They've stopped putting them on cars now. My mk8 Fiesta didn't have one, however the mk7 did. 

i have seen lots of the new model focus with the badge on thats why i am confused why mine doesnt have it?

I've only seen EcoBoost badges on one or two 68 plates, not seen any on 19 plates.  I reckon it was either an optional extra, or they were just put on demo cars.

As above though, all the petrols in the Mk4 are EcoBoost now, so there's not really any point badging them lol.

• Like 1

sorry mine is a 68 plate!

10 minutes ago, mikel94jones said:

sorry mine is a 68 plate!

Yes, but I've only seen it on one or two of them, not many of the 68 plates.  So I assume it was stuck on very early 68 plates to be used as demo cars at the dealers.  Unless it was an optional extra.  My Mums car (non-Ford) dropped badging on the new models but she was able to buy one as an option.

Our 2012 EcoBoost Mondeo has no badge, and neither does the RS (though I suspect there may be a reason for that!). I always found badging strange on the MK2, when it came out there was no 1.6,1.8 badges etc until 2007 when they suddenly started doing them again.

44 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Our 2012 EcoBoost Mondeo has no badge, and neither does the RS (though I suspect there may be a reason for that!). I always found badging strange on the MK2, when it came out there was no 1.6,1.8 badges etc until 2007 when they suddenly started doing them again.

I've always found engine size badging weird tbh.  Who is it for?  Do the drivers themselves want to boast about a mediocre engine in a midrange spec?  Or is it for drivers of 'better' cars to look down on them, disgusted, as they overtake? :laugh: 

I also hate diesel badging...why are diesels always badged as such?  I really don't want everyone else knowing how tight I am! :lol: 

• Haha 1

the more badges there are, the harder it is to wash and polish the car properly. I recall some japanese cars have badges for ALB (anti lock braking - they didn't call it ABS) and 4WS (4 wheel steering) and cars having 'Automatic' badges if atuo gearbox. As Tom says what are they for?

A few years ago I was looking at buying a new VW Polo (which I didn't buy in the end). There was a no-cost option of leaving badges off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I've always found engine size badging weird tbh.  Who is it for?  Do the drivers themselves want to boast about a mediocre engine in a midrange spec?  Or is it for drivers of 'better' cars to look down on them, disgusted, as they overtake? :laugh: 

I also hate diesel badging...why are diesels always badged as such?  I really don't want everyone else knowing how tight I am! :lol: 

It’s a good point, I certainly don’t think anyone would care that I have a 1.6 Zetec and I don’t see 2.0 owners shouting at 1.8’s as they utilise their extra 20bhp.

• Like 1

I always smile at low powered BMW/Audi owners who debadge. Anyone who knows about cars would spot the (usually) single exhaust which gives the game away, and those who don't know won't care anyway😀,.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club