Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Temperature Gauge Gone Crazy

TarenCapel

I know it's unusually chilly in the U.K. at the moment, but my Edge is telling me it's -40C outside. Therefore, even on its lowest setting, the aircon is blowing warm air.

I'm guessing something has developed a fault?

TC

IMG_2067.jpg

There is no gas in the air-con. This is the default 'go-to' to warn you to get it checked.

H

Have you had the aircon pulley recall carried out ?  If so, perhaps they haven’t re-gassed. 

The pulley recall is an easy replacement and shouldn't need a re-gas. Only if the centre bolt snaps would it need a AC Compressor and then a re-gas.

It's probably a leak.

H

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 8:06 PM, TarenCapel said:

I know it's unusually chilly in the U.K. at the moment, but my Edge is telling me it's -40C outside. Therefore, even on its lowest setting, the aircon is blowing warm air.

I'm guessing something has developed a fault?

Looks like an outside air temp sensor/circuit fault. Its a separate one to the inlet air temp the engine uses for its power calculations. If the car sees a temp lower than about 6 Deg C, then the air con doesn't produce cold air (saves engine power by dumping the load!) as it can use the already 'colder' outside air to create the air temp needed in the cab.

So, the air-con blowing warn air is most likely a knock-on effect of the sensor giving a faulty temp reading. The fact that most temp sensors read from -40 to +120 suggests to me that the sensor is open circuit (wire broken, loose connector or fault with the sensor itself).  

Do you fancy a little bet?

13 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Do you fancy a little bet?

Haha, I'll just have a quick flick through the service manual before I place mine! 😉

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club