Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smax 08 wont start

Freya Tatman

So my smax was driving really slow and sluggish for a few days. Then an engine light came off for a day then went off again. Still driving sluggish. Arranged for it to be seen at garage but all busy over weekend. I took it for a small trip to shops down the road. On the way back it just stopped driving. It didnt cut out straight away but gradually died until it came to a stop. Wouldnt start. Turned on and began starting but then died off a bit like when a car has a flat battery. We didnt think it was the battery that was the problem with how it died mid drive but replaced it anyway (after being towed home). Also topped up the fuel just incase it was that. No different. So now I just have a dead car basically :/ Waiting for someone to be available to look at it. Only had the car 2 weeks so gutted. Meant to be going on holiday this weekend :( Any ideas or advice? Thanks 

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone.

Wondered if anyone could help.i have a 2007 smax.in a morning it takes a few cranks to kick in and when it does i get a little puff of smoke out exhaust and for a few seconds it chuggs and then runs fine.once bin run for ten mins it starts everytime and runs perfect.i had the glow plugs replaced and it didnt make a difference.so my friend said change filter and put some injector cleaner in.

Just wondered if any one had this on there ford.thanx 

Probably a number of possibilities but still sounds like connected to Heater plugs from what you say. Have you checked to make sure 12v is going to plugs when ignition is first turned on?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club