Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 st-line or titanium ???

pompeydave1967

Afternoon all

looking to p/ex my seat Leon soon and looking at the mk8 fiesta. My local dealer seems to have a load of titanium 100 models but struggling on st-lines. At 52 I should be looking at titaniums lol but love the look of the st-line. 

Used to have 2016 st so used to harder suspension but it was toooooo hard after a while so think the st-line would be fine.

dealer is obviously hoping I go for the titanium model but just holding back at the moment. I,m on a budget and reckon with cash my top end is £12k  

also strangely enough the titaniums seem cheaper to buy !!!  So guys what would you all go for ? And any regrets buying what you have ?

interesting to hear your views 

cheers

15 minutes ago, pompeydave1967 said:

Afternoon all

looking to p/ex my seat Leon soon and looking at the mk8 fiesta. My local dealer seems to have a load of titanium 100 models but struggling on st-lines. At 52 I should be looking at titaniums lol but love the look of the st-line. 

Used to have 2016 st so used to harder suspension but it was toooooo hard after a while so think the st-line would be fine.

dealer is obviously hoping I go for the titanium model but just holding back at the moment. I,m on a budget and reckon with cash my top end is £12k  

also strangely enough the titaniums seem cheaper to buy !!!  So guys what would you all go for ? And any regrets buying what you have ?

cheers

Hard to say really, the ST-Line looks much better than Titanium and despite being harder, is actually still comfortable when dealing with potholes and on longer drives. The ST-Line would be and is my choice of trim. The titanium is probably going to be softer but still handle relatively fine but the looks just don’t do it for me - I think the Fiestas in a non ST-Line or Vignale trim just look like a boring pensioners car. 

So yeah...if your budget allows it, go for the ST-Line and don’t listen to your dealer having more Titanium’s - it’s your car and your choice not their choice because they have the car and a sale ready

4 hours ago, pompeydave1967 said:

I went from a SEAT Leon back to a Fiesta. I am an OAP with a knackered back but find the ST-Line suspension fine. Another factor is the Titanium only goes up to 125ps, whereas the ST-Line has the choice of the 140. And I agree with @DG97 - it's a lot better looking, but that's always a personal thing of course.

1 hour ago, pompeydave1967 said:

cheers

I wanted an ST-line but I needed (lol) the B&o stereo and the dealer had none of them in.  Reluctantly I went for the 125 Titanium. Now every time I see an ST-Line I wish I'd waited, they look so much more sporty.

If I had the choice again I'd get the 125 or 140 PS St-Line rather than my Titanium.  The extra little bits you get with the Titanium are long forgotten now.

Says it all really - dealer has lots of Titaniums and no ST-Lines, shows which is more sought after

You also need to think about future value - ST-Lines will be worth more where Titaniums will have a limited market - older people/ people on a budget

When i p/x'd my last ST-Line ( 67plate - 125bhp model) with 3000miles i got £12k

My current ST Line (18 plate - 140bhp model) i bought with 500 miles for £13700 - p/x price now is around £11500

• Like 1

If you’re set on an ST-Line, then hold out for one. Don’t limit yourself to your local dealer either, as you say they seem as they’re more than happy to sell you a car that doesn’t quite meet your requirements. I would also try Ford Direct; their stock is usually rather low mileage and they tend to come quite well-equipped. My 140 Vignale came fully loaded and had only done 1500 miles. The only drawback is you sometimes have to be prepared to travel a bit for the right car and the right deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

St line X 140 if your budget permits, you won't regret it. The upgrades on the X are well worth the little bit extra and make the difference.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for all you replies , very helpful.

will try and source a st-line.

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

St line X 140 if your budget permits, you won't regret it. The upgrades on the X are well worth the little bit extra and make the difference.

I agree, it’s really at the ST-Line X where you can really get a car that is genuinely very advanced for a small car and the extra kit you get, makes it feel like a car from the class or two above 

Personally, I think the ST-Line model looks really good in comparison to the other trim levels. If that's what you really want, I'd defo hold out and wait to see a deal for one. Had mine new in November last year and it really is a cracking looking machine. Took this photo this evening during some good sunshine... 😎

IMG_20190513_190754-EFFECTS.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CJLewis87 said:

Personally, I think the ST-Line model looks really good in comparison to the other trim levels. If that's what you really want, I'd defo hold out and wait to see a deal for one. Had mine new in November last year and it really is a cracking looking machine. Took this photo this evening during some good sunshine... 😎

IMG_20190513_190754-EFFECTS.jpg

Fantastic looking car CJ you have , nice wheels.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DG97 said:

I agree, it’s really at the ST-Line X where you can really get a car that is genuinely very advanced for a small car and the extra kit you get, makes it feel like a car from the class or two above 

Yes, the add ons make the difference to standard I feel. The only extra we added to the car on top of the standard was a reversing camera and parking sensors. The camera is very helpful and If I stick with an St Line X (instead of St) for my next car I will be adding this also along with the LED headlight option.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pompeydave1967 said:

Thanks guys for all you replies , very helpful.

will try and source a st-line.

Another vote for the STLX, the additional kit is well worth it - especially auto high beam which gets some stick but works a treat for me rurally ! You won't be disappointed

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mavroz said:

The only extra we added to the car on top of the standard was a reversing camera and parking sensors. The camera is very helpful.

Rear visibility for parking is not that great for a small car so I've got these also and find them very useful. I would prefer these as standard in the X rather than factory sat-nav, but I do like the other GPS related features (traffic sign recognition and speed alert). My only other extra is a spare wheel.

1 hour ago, DEVSR2 said:

especially auto high beam which gets some stick but works a treat for me rurally ! You won't be disappointed

I was very sceptical of this but have also found it works very well.

15 hours ago, pompeydave1967 said:

My local dealer seems to have a load of titanium 100 models but struggling on st-lines. 

I've not found that - my local dealer usually has a least a couple of well-specced ST-Lines available and if not can source cars quickly via the Ford Direct scheme.

Hi Eric 

yes agree dealer should of had st-lines in stock but instead had a host of titaniums all lined up next to each other.

choices of colours , 3/5 door all 1.0 100,s as well.maybe they all arrived from ford in one go but was a shame no st-lines in stock apart from the 1 new one in showroom.

Never mind will find one soon to test drive.

So my next question guys is with my budget st-lines tend to be the 100 version.Would be nice to source a 125 version but has it any real advantages over the 100. I only do 6k yearly which includes a few trips to Cornwall so wondering if the 100 is up to it.

still looking for a dealer with a variety in stock but just asking for your views before I go along.

cheers

The 100 will definitely be up for it but with a fully loaded car, you’d definitely appreciate the extra bit of power. 

By no means would you be disappointed by the 100 and if you find it offers adequate performance for your needs, then that’d be my choice. 

Although the 125 is often referred to as the sweet spot in the Fiesta engine range. Good performance, the prices aren’t significantly higher that the 100 and overall an excellent performer. So i’d highly recommend shopping around for a ST Line/ST Line X with the 125. 

Man other possibility would be buying the 100 then remapping but personally, if that’d be my other option, I’d just go out and get the 125 in the first place. 

Worth adding that I drove the 100 as a courtesy car and my car is the 140 - you can obviously feel the difference in performance but the gap is not actually that big in everyday driving. In a strange way, on my everyday commute, the 100 didn’t actually feel much different than the 140 until I tried to open it up on a bypass and even the the 100 wasn’t terrible

We have a 100 engine.  We recently did Rugby to Elveden, 100 miles down the A14, two adults, one teenager and luggage for a weeks holiday.

It will cruise at over the limit on the flat happily all day long and maintain speed up hills although to accelerate up the steeper hills I needed to drop it into 5th.

It certainly did not feel struggling at 70mph even with us all in.

If you do get a 100 ignore the stupid change up light, the engine prefers to be above 2k.

thanks very much guys for the advice , will try both versions out when at the dealer.

I don't think I've actually seen a used 100ps ST-Line for sale - they've all been 125 or 140. Wouldn't have thought there'd be a lot of difference in s/h prices, given that new the 125 is around £500 more than the 100, and the 140 another £300 or so.

All 3 engines have very similar torque - 170nm on the 100/125 and 180nm on the 140, so I've found they all feel pretty similar at town speeds, the 125/140 show advantage at higher revs, the 140 seems a bit livelier but probably more to do with the lower overall gearing. I do find the 140 feels a little freer revving, but that could just be my particular car.

We have 2 sets of friends with 100ps cars (one is on their second) and both have been perfectly happy with them.

Would suggest trying to get a drive in as many cars as you can of the various power ratings, then see what you think. We can (and do!😀) all rabbit on on here, but only you can finally decide what best meets your needs.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 6:21 PM, DG97 said:

.......I think the Fiestas in a non ST-Line or Vignale trim just look like a boring pensioners car....... 

😲 At 51 years old I ordered a Titanium on Thursday 😂

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ElliotReid said:

😲 At 51 years old I ordered a Titanium on Thursday 😂

Maybe I was a bit harsh with my evaluation... 😁 the positive core of the Fiesta is consistent in all trims imo, the good engines and driving enjoyment so I'm sure you'll enjoy your purchase! Which engine did you go for?  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club