Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus mods for 2litre tdci

hippy1990

hi guys and girls im looking in to modding my 2008 mk2 focus and im wondering wat would be the best way to do or if there is place that either do second hand mods or cheap parts for modding.

Cheap parts and car modding arent two phrases that go together sadly. Remaps can do wonders on these diesel engines...

• Like 2

Yh I figured that lol, I'm looking to do quite a bit to the car and was after sum advice/guidance on wats best for the car

A new induction kit would be a good idea, some places will do you a custom one for a cost, remap is a great option, if you want to go past stage 1 you'll need a new intercooler, possibly exhaust and a induction kit, you would then be able to hit stage 2 any further you're looking at a new turbo

• Like 2

2.0HDI Peugeot engine upgrades will also fit perfectly if you can find any as the engine is built by Peugeot same as the 1.4HDi and the 1.6HDi also the 1.4 petrol engines were all Peugeot, the only diesel engine Ford made was the 1.8TDCi 

Heres a Citröen engine cover fitted to a focus 

funbrd-1.thumb.jpg.c44c5f41a62c2a2a5db194d448ef3c95.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks, il have a look into that tonight also does the st225 parts fit this model 

10 hours ago, hippy1990 said:

Thanks, il have a look into that tonight also does the st225 parts fit this model 

Like what? Bolt on engine mods? Not a chance. Two completely different types of engine altogether.

• Like 1

So it would be suspension and possibly brakes also the intercooler

1 hour ago, hippy1990 said:

So it would be suspension and possibly brakes also the intercooler

Bigger brakes and wheels all contribute to the "unsprung mass" bigger and heavier they are; then the less acceleration speed you will have,

Upgrade existing pads and discs before going bigger, 

And Diesel vehicles take different lowering springs than petrol because there heavier; if the st225 is diesel then yes there a straight fit 

That's wat I thought I have a look at what parts are around and is there any recommend sites or places to pick up bits

• Like 1

ST225 is a 2.5 litre turbo petrol engine...  It's probably about the same weight as the 2.0 TDCi so the springs may not be far off!  It's better to use some proper lowering springs though, I'd recommend the Eibach Pro-Kit any day.  Matched with a set of Bilstein dampers if you're replacing those as well.

The brakes on the 2.0 TDCi aren't bad as standard, I wouldn't bother with bigger ones, just uprate the pads instead.

• Like 2

I have sorted the brakes I would like to lower the car and sort the engine out at the mo

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hippy1990 said:

I have sorted the brakes I would like to lower the car and sort the engine out at the mo

This place in Germany does alot of focus upgrade parts; I found it a good place to shop then search for best price of that item online as sometimes get it cheaper elsewhere 

Also check eBay Germany; using Google translate to find perhaps used modified parts from such places as European-parts 

• Thanks 1

Il have a look thanks

• 1 month later...

Hey guys and girls can anyone recommend any places in Bedfordshire area to performance parts from 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club