Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing radio/screen

gman29283

I was hoping someone would be able to help me with instructions on how to remove the radio /screen of my Ford sync 2 8" system? 

I am wanting to add a new harness with rear camera input so I can install a reversing camera. 

I have so far been unable to find any instructions on how to remove the facia so I can get to the harness. 

I have a 2016 focus estate with sync 2 8" system. 

Any help appreciated. 

There is a YouTube video, I’ll find it for you. I followed it to do the exact same job as you, added in a 54pin harness with an RCA jack

Dead easy to remove but can be a little stubborn

Thank you for this it's exactly what I was after, strange how I couldn't find it when searching YouTube ha ha. 

Did you have any trouble with enabling the rear cam setting with forscan? 

Also where did you get the harness with RCA jack? I've had a look on eBay and amazon and found one but just wanted to check where you got yours. 

Thanks for the replies 👍

• Like 1

Enabling the camera was easy enough, just a check box to enable and that was it. 

I got the harness from amazon and it was perfect, good quality and a nice snug fit. 

I found the hardest thing was removing the ***** boot release button with the LED lights on it. I drilled a hole in it and fitted a camera rather than changing the whole thing.

ZIZON 54 Pin Apim Connector Sync 1 Ford Camera Input Harness Cable with RCA Connector for Camera Extension on SYNC 2 or SYNC 3 for Ford Wiring Harness 14 Inches https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07G16KK4F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_4h12CbNZ56YS0

• Like 1

I was thinking of going down the route of the number plate sorround with camera already attached but not sure where I'm gonna feed the cable through yet, either way I think I'm gonna have to make a hole. 

I'll update in a week or two after I have fitted and hopefully everything works. 

Thanks again for your help. 

I don't personally recommend the number plate ones, they look too 'aftermarket' from my liking.

Mine looks completely OEM from outside and barely visible.

There is also no drilling through panels etc, just the plastic handle so no chance of water ingress or rust.

Ok I've gone for one of the bullet type ones and hoping to fit it right next to the boot handle. 

Do you have any advice for wiring it up to the reverse light? I'm gonna start it tomorrow once amazon deliver it. 

I earthed the camera on a bolt that was part of the wiper motor and actually postered it via a switched live fuse in the rear fuse box. It means the camera is always ‘live’ but the picture only shows up when you select reverse

• Like 1

I got it all done today, wired it up to the reverse light and all is working spot on. The only thing not there is the guide assist lines. Camera manufacture says it should be there so wondering if its something to do with a setting in Forscan? Or if anyone knows any fix for this. Under the camera settings I can only see the delay feature. 

The guidelines that the camera manufacturer is talking about are the red, yellow and green static lines.

it is not possible to get the dynamic guidelines on an aftermarket camera, depending on the year of car the lines are either linked to the camera module itself or the BCM. Either way you can’t activate them

Ah right no worries, am pleased with how it all works but not entirely happy with the camera, it sticks out a bit and looks a bit unsightly so looking into a one that comes already installed in the boot release handle. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club