Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 1.25, 60bhp or 82?

browna77

hi, im looking to buy a new fiesta, hopefully a 2013 1.25 model. but I don't know how to tell if its a 60 bhp or 82 bhp model? the online tax says the co2 is 120g/km. ?? any ideas? the seller doesn't seem to clued up. they didn't know the trim level, but said it has bluetooth and heated front screen, it also has alloys. so im guessing its the zetec wich has the 82bhp, does that sound right?

thanks

sam

6 minutes ago, browna77 said:

found the answer checked here, http://www.etis.ford.com/

its the 80bhp phew lol. 🙂 hopefully be back on here soon to glean more info/mods.

Can I ask why you want the 1.25? You know it's gutless right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Can I ask why you want the 1.25? You know it's gutless right?

its for my wife, only for nipping around town. we did like the 1.0 turbo, but the coolant rust/failures on early model got me worried lol, and im on a tight budget so 1.2's are more plentiful and easier to find a bargain. I tried a couple of 1.4 engines, but theres not a huge difference, and I thought the 1.25 zetec was pretty nippy and eager to rev. so Im just buying on age and condition rather then waiting for a 1.4/1.6 to turn up. :) cross finger

its for my wife, only for nipping around town. we did like the 1.0 turbo, but the coolant rust/failures on early model got me worried lol, and im on a tight budget so 1.2's are more plentiful and easier to find a bargain. I tried a couple of 1.4 engines, but theres not a huge difference, and I thought the 1.25 zetec was pretty nippy and eager to rev. so Im just buying on age and condition rather then waiting for a 1.4/1.6 to turn up. :) cross finger

Exactly why I got mine. I narrowed my search to three but the two newer 1.0s were in much worse shape and I wanted to avoid a turbo as daily runs may be quite short, literally school run and station.

I haven’t had this much of a laugh with a tiny engined car since the mini mokes I used to drive. I’m really pleased with mine. I’ve got some quite powerful cars but honestly this is a load of fun, definitely a favourite!

The usual problem seems to be purchasing one of these, then finding it doesn't have enough performance, then asking here for advice on tuning which is not really a practical prospect. As long as you know what you're buying, and it meets your needs (which in the OP's case it seems to), they're fine. Would definitely recommend the 82ps version, though.

My Mrs had one for 3 years, mostly as a runabout, but I used it a lot and as @LondonFiesta says, it was a lot of fun to drive!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club